ELECTRIC COOKTOP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. All Ceramic-Glass Cooktops
Visually inspect the cooktop for damage. Also make
sure all cooktop screws are tight (see Figure 8).
Set the cooktop into the countertop cutout.
NOTE: Do not use caulking compound; cooktop
should be removable for service when needed.
Do not remove the nylon spacers on
the edges of the cooktop. These spacers center the
cooktop in the space provided. The cooktop must
be centered to prevent excess heat buildup that
may result in heat damage or fire (see Figure 9).
6 NYLON SPACERS
ON UNIT CUTOUT
The retainer brackets MUST be installed, to meet
local codes or, in their absence, with the National
Electrical Code ANSI/NFPA No. 70—latest edition,
or with CSA Standard C22.1, Canadian Electrical
Code, Part 1 (see Figure 10).
2. Models: 26" and 36" (36" X 18") Coil Elements
Set the cooktop into the countertop cutout. Lift the
cooktop and fasten the ends of the box to the counter
with wood screws (figure 11). Lower the cooktop.
Align the knobs on the shafts and press down with
3. Models: 32" Coil Elements Cooktops
1. Place cooktop into countertop opening and
center unit in cutout.
2. Remove all surface units and drip bowls.
3. Unit clamp down information. Once unit is
installed in counter opening, you must clamp unit
down as shown in figure 12.
4. Put back all surface units and drip bowls.
5. Make electrical connections as outlined in
"Electrical Connection" section.
Retainer Brackets Must
Be Installed At Least
1/16" (0.16 cm) BELOW