Unpackingand Leveling - Upright Freezers
clo_ and sQal pml_r _
CO NOT let
food packages eadendpast the front
• Choose a place that is near a grounded electrical outlet.
• The freezer should be located where surrounding temperatureswill
110°F (43°C). Temperatures of 32°F (0°C) and below will NOT affect freezer
operation. Additional compressor heaters are not recommended.
on all sides of the freezer for adequate circulation.
The freezer must have all bottom corners resting firmly on a solid floor The floor
must be strong enough to support a fully loaded freezer. NOTE: It is VERY
IMPORTANT for your freezer to be level in order to function properly. If the freezer
is not leveled du ring installatioin,the door may be misaligned and not close or seal
properly, causing cooling, frost, or moisture problems.
To Level Upright Unit:
After discarding crating screws and wood base, use a carpenter's level to level the
freezer from front-to-back. Adjust the plastic leveling feet in front, ½ bubble higher,
so that the door closes easily when left halfway open.
To Level Chest Unit:
If needed, add metal or wood shims between feet pads and floor
• Washanyremovableparts, thefreezerinterior,
and warm water. Wipe dry. DO NOT USE HARSH CLEANERS ON THESE
• Do not use razor blades or other sharp instruments, which can scratch the
appliance surface when removing adhesive labels Any glue left from the tape
can be removed with a mixture of warm water and mild detergent, or touch the
residue with the sticky side of tape already removed. DO NOT REMOVE THE
If door must be removed,
1. Gently lay freezer on its back, on a ru! or blanket.
2. Remove two base screws and base
panel. Remove wire from clips on
bottom of cabinet. (Figure 1)
3. Unplug connector, if required, by
holding the cabinet connector in
place, and pulling door connector
out. (Figure 1)
4. Remove bottom hinge screws.
5. Remove plastic top hinge cover.
6. Remove screws from top hinge.
7. Remove top hinge from cabinet.
8. Remove door and bottom hinge
9. To replace door, reverse the above
order and securely tighten all screws to prevent hinge slippage.
See Instructions on Hinge label.
(UNPLUG THE UNIT.)
Base Panel Screws