CD RADIO CASSETTE RECORDER FM/MW/LW CX-45E(BS) Instruction Manual NOTICE The STANDBY/ON button on the front panel switches the unit from STANDBY to ON but does not isolate the unit from the mains supply. If it is to be left unattended for a long period, it is recommended that the unit is switched to standby and the mains plug is removed from the socket.
SOME DO’S AND DON’TS FOR THE (for U.K.) SAFE USE OF YOUR EQUIPMENT This equipment has been designed and manufactured to meet international safety standards but, like any electrical equipment, care must be taken if you are to obtain the best results and safety is to be assured. DO read the operating instructions before you attempt to use the equipment.
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY We declare under our sole responsibility that this product, to which this dec- laration relates, is in conformity with the following standards: EN60065, EN55013, EN55020, EN60555-2 and EN60555-3. Following the provisions of 73/23/EEC, 89/336/EEC and 93/68/EEC Direc- tives.
• LOCATION OF EXPLANATORY LABELS CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT KLASSE 1 LASER PRODUKT LUOKAN 1 LASER LAITE KLASS 1 LASER APPARAT...
• POWER SUPPLY MAINS SUPPLY To AC outlet 230V 50Hz BATTERY SUPPLY 12V DC 8 x IEC R20 or JIS R20P or “D” cell. NOTE : When the volume drops and the tape speed slows down, it is a sign that the batteries have to be replaced.
• INSERTING MEMORY BACK-UP BATTERIES Battery Supply • Batteries for the memory backup of preset stations: 3V [2x “AA” cell or IEC R6 or R6P (JIS SUM-3)]. • Do not use new and old batteries or different kinds of batteries together. Replace the batteries with new ones once a year.
• USING THE REMOTE CONTROL 0.5 to 6 m 30˚ 30˚ POWER MODE/REMAIN TAPE TIMER SLEEP TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT STOP RANDOM INTRO DOWN VOLUME 1. Point the remote control at the remote sensor (1) when operating. 2. The remote control may not be effective in strong day light. 3.
PRECAUTIONS • When the set is not going to be used for a long time, unplug the AC lead and remove the batteries. • Do not leave exhausted batteries in the compartment as they will leak and cause corrosion and damage. •...
KEY TO ILLUSTRATIONS POWER MODE/REMAIN TAPE TIMER SLEEP TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT STOP RANDOM INTRO DOWN VOLUME REMOTE CONTROL 10. 4/1 / DOWN Button POWER Button 11. ¡/¢ / UP Button Number Buttons 12. VOLUME UP Button MODE/REMAIN Button 13. VOLUME DOWN Button TIMER Button 14.
KEY TO ILLUSTRATIONS (See page 9) CD CONTROL Handle 17. PLAY/PAUSE Button (6) Telescopic Antenna 18. STOP Button (7) 19. ¡/¢ UP Button CD Door 20. 4/1 DOWN Button CASSETTE DECK 21. PROG. MEM/CLOCK Button RECORD Button (¶) 22. REPEAT/PRESET Button PLAY Button (2) 23.
TUNER SECTION TUNER AERIALS • For FM, extend the telescopic aerial. To improve FM-reception, incline and turn the aerial. Reduce its length if the FM-signal is too strong (very close to a transmitter). • For MW and LW, the set is provided with a built-in aerial, so the telescopic aerial is not needed.
CD PLAYER SECTION 4/1 AND ¡/¢ BUTTONS Skip playback By pressing the ¡/¢  or 4/1  buttons, you can skip to a next or previous title, or you can select a track before starting playback. A. During PLAY – You can skip to the next track by pressing the ¡/¢ button once. If you want to skip more than one track, press the ¡/¢...
When the set is not operating properly, one is apt to assume that the set is faulty. There are, however, many possible faults which are not directly attributable to the set itself. It is recommended to check the following before taking the set to a Hitachi dealer. Symptom Cause/Method of solution No AC power.
SPECIFICATIONS RADIO SECTION Frequency Range FM: 87.5 - 108MHz (50kHz step) MW: 522 - 1620kHz (9kHz step) LW: 146 - 281kHz (1kHz step) Antennas FM: Telescopic antenna MW/LW: Built-in ferrite bar TAPE RECORDER SECTION Frequency Response 100 ~ 8,000 Hz CD PLAYER SECTION Disc used Compact Disc...
• SETTING THE CLOCK PROG MEM/ CLOCK DOWN PROG MEM/ CLOCK DOWN • SETTING THE SLEEP TIMER STANDBY/ON TAPE TIMER SLEEP TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT STOP RANDOM INTRO DOWN SLEEP Minutes Turn the unit on by pressing STANDBY/ON. VOLUME Press the SLEEP button continuously.
• SETTING THE TIMER TAPE TIMER SLEEP TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT STOP RANDOM INTRO POWER DOWN MODE/REMAIN MODE/ PROG. REMAIN VOLUME TAPE TIMER SLEEP TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT STOP RANDOM INTRO DOWN DOWN PROG. VOLUME TAPE TIMER SLEEP TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT STOP RANDOM INTRO DOWN...
• PROGRAMMING TRACK NUMBERS (For CD) • You can store at most 20 tracks in memory in any sequence. You can store each track more than once. Operating step 1 to 3 of page 20. PROG MEM/ CLOCK DOWN Repeat 3, 4 to program next desired track.
• REPEAT PLAY (For CD) • You can repeat playback for 1 track or all tracks on a disc. REPEAT/ PRESET Repeat all tracks Repeat 1 track REPEAT/ REPEAT/ PRESET PRESET « «...
• RANDOM PLAY (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY) TAPE TIMER SLEEP TAPE TIMER SLEEP TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT TUNER PROG. PRESET/REPEAT STOP RANDOM INTRO STOP RANDOM INTRO DOWN DOWN RANDOM RANDOM VOLUME VOLUME • INTRO PLAY (REMOTE CONTROL ONLY) This function will play the first 10 seconds of each track on the disc.
• CASSETTE PLAYBACK STANDBY/ON TAPE Ÿ BASS BOOST VOLUME To switch off tape function. STANDBY/ON...
• RECORDING FROM THE RADIO STANDBY/ON BAND/ TUNER BAND/ TUNER Ÿ DOWN To switch off TUNER. STANDBY/ON...
• RECORDING FROM THE CD PLAYER Label side facing PLAY/ PAUSE DOWN PLAY/ PAUSE...
• SYNCHRONIZED RECORDING FROM CD Label side facing PLAY/ PAUSE...
• TAPE ERASING STANDBY/ON TAPE Ÿ • TO LISTEN USING HEADPHONES You can connect stereo headphones which have a 3.5mm plug to the socket. Inserting the plug will disable the speakers.
Millboard Road Bourne End Buckinghamshire SL8 5XF UNITED KINGDOM TEL: 01628 643000 FAX: 01628 643400 Email: email@example.com Hitachi, Ltd. Tokyo Japan Head Office : THE HITACHI ATAGO BLDG. No. 15-12, 2-chome, Nishi-Shinbashi, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 105-8430, Japan Tel. Tokyo (03) 3502-2111...