DON'T remove any ﬁ xed cover as this may expose
DON'T obstruct the ventilation openings of the
equipment with items such as newspapers, tablecloths,
curtains, etc. Overheating will cause damage and
shorten the life of the equipment.
DON'T allow electrical equipment to be exposed to
dripping or splashing, or objects ﬁ lled with liquids, such
as vases, to be placed on the equipment.
DON'T place hot objects or naked ﬂ ame sources
such as lighted candles or nightlights on, or close to
equipment. High temperatures can melt plastic and
lead to ﬁ res.
DON'T use makeshift stands and NEVER ﬁ x legs
with wood screws - to ensure
complete safety always fit the manufacturer's
approved stand or legs with the ﬁ xings
provided according to the instructions.
DON'T use equipment such as personal stereos or
radios so that you are distracted from
the requirements of trafﬁ c safety. It is illegal to watch
television whilst driving.
DON'T listen to headphones at high volume, as such
use can permanently damage your
DON'T leave equipment switched on when it is
unattended unless it is speciﬁ cally stated
that it is designed for unattended operation or has a
stand-by mode. Switch off using the
switch on the equipment and make sure that your
family know how to do this. Special
arrangements may need to be made for inﬁ rm or
DON'T continue to operate the equipment if you are
in any doubt about it working
normally, or if it is damaged in any way - switch off,
withdraw the mains plug and consult
--- NEVER let anyone especially children
push anything into holes, slots or any other
opening in the case - this could result in a
fatal electrical shock;
--- NEVER guess or take chances with
electrical equipment of any kind
--- it is better to be safe than sorry!
The TV set should be operated only from a 220-240
V AC, 50 Hz outlet.
Do not place the set, a piece of furniture, etc. on the
power cord (mains lead) or pinch the cord. Handle the
power cord by the plug. Do not unplug the appliance
by pulling from the power cord and never touch the
power cord with wet hands as this could cause a short
circuit or electric shock. Never make a knot in the cord
or tie it with other cords. The power cords should be
placed in such a way that they are not likely to be
stepped on. A damaged power cord can cause ﬁ re or
give you an electric shock. When it is damaged and
needs to be replaced, it should be done by qualiﬁ ed
This TV receiver is supplied with a moulded mains
plug. The mains plug must not be cut off, as it may
contain a special radio interference ﬁ lter, the removal
of which could lead to impaired performance. If you
wish to extend the lead, obtain an appropriate safety
approved extension lead or consult your dealer.
Observe the manufacturers instructions when
connecting extension leads to the set. Check the fuse
rating on the new plug; this should be ﬁ tted with a 5
Amp fuse which conforms to either ASTA or BSI
(BS1362) approvals, these are easily identiﬁ able by
about the installation of an extension lead, please
consult a competent electrician.
Do not leave your TV in standby or operating mode
when you leave your house.
Disconnecting the Device
The mains plug is used to disconnect TV set from
the mains and therefore it must remain readily
Moisture and Water
Do not use this device in a humid and
damp place (avoid the bathroom, the
sink in the kitchen, and near the washing
machine). Do not expose this device to
rain or water, as this may be dangerous
and do not place objects ﬁ lled with liquids,
such as ﬂ ower vases, on top. Avoid from
dripping or splashing.
If any solid object or liquid falls into the cabinet, unplug
the TV and have it checked by qualiﬁ ed personnel
before operating it any further.
English - 3 -
symbols. If you are in any doubt