No. 28 Chang Qing Street, Xi Gang District, Dalian, China CDE-9845 MP3 CD Receiver CDE-9843 FM/AM CD Receiver CDE-9841 ALPINE ELECTRONICS OF AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD. 6-8 Fiveways Boulevarde Keysborough, Victoria 3173, Australia Phone 03-9769-0000 ALPINE ELECTRONICS GmbH Frankfurter Ring 117 80807 München, Germany...
Right)/Fader (Between Front and Rear)/ Defeat ... 12 Setting the Bass Control ... 12 ENGLISH Setting the Treble Control ... 13 Setting the BBE Mode (CDE-9845 only) ... 13 Turning Loudness On/Off (CDE-9843/CDE-9841 only) ... 13 Other Functions Displaying the Title/Text ... 14 Titling Discs/Radio Stations ...
HALT USE IMMEDIATELY IF A PROBLEM APPEARS. Failure to do so may cause personal injury or damage to the product. Return it to your authorized Alpine dealer or the nearest Alpine Service Centre for repairing. PRECAUTIONS Product Cleaning Use a soft dry cloth for periodic cleaning of the product.
Use of special shape discs may cause damage to the mechanism. Installation Location Make sure the CDE-9845/CDE-9843/CDE-9841 will not be installed in a location subjected to: • Direct sun and heat • High humidity and water •...
CDE-9843 CDE-9841 Use only compact discs with the label side showing the CD logo marks below. (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) If you use unspecified compact discs, correct performance cannot be guaranteed. You can play CD-Rs (CD-Recordable)/CD-RWs (CD- ReWritable) which have been recorded only on audio devices.
Press RESET with a ballpoint pen or similar pointed object. RESET switch Adjusting Volume Turn the Rotary encoder (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) or press 4 4 4 4 4 and 3 3 3 3 3 (CDE-9841 only) until the desired sound is obtained. Lowering Volume Quickly Activating the Audio Mute function will instantly lower the volume level by 20 dB.
A.ME Preset buttons (1 through 6) Changing the Radio Frequencies for each Country (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) For customers not living in North America, change the radio frequencies as follows. Press and hold MUTE/SETUP for at least 2 seconds to select the SETUP mode.
The display shows the band, preset number and frequency of the station selected. Station Title Search Function (CDE-9845 only) If the title of a radio station is entered, you can search for that radio station by its title while listening to the currently received radio station.
A malfunction may result from doing either. • If the CD does not eject, press and hold c for at least 2 seconds. CDE-9845 (compatible with MP3/WMA)/ CDE-9843 (compatible with MP3): • The CD-player can play discs containing audio data, MP3 data and WMA data.
To stop scanning, press 6 ( ) and deactivate the Scan mode. Searching CD Text (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) Tracks can be searched and played using the CD text on the disc. In the case of discs that do not support text, searches can be made using the track numbers.
(up to 30 for ID3 tags and up to 15 for WMA tags) and the underscore. For non-supported characters, “NO SUPPORT” (CDE-9845 only) or “NO SUPRT” (CDE-9843/CDE- 9841 only) is displayed. The tag information may not be correctly displayed, depending on the contents.
Corresponding File Systems This device supports discs formatted with ISO9660 Level 1 or Level 2. Under the ISO9660 standard, there are some restrictions to remember. The maximum nested folder depth is 8 (including the root directory). The number of file/folder name characters is limited.
* CDE-9845 only Setting the Bass Control You can change the bass frequency emphasis to create your own tonal preference. Press BASS C. (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) or press CENTER f. (CDE-9841 only) to select the Bass (bass center frequency) Control mode. CDE-9845/CDE-9843: BASS ↔...
Setting the Treble Control You can change the Treble Frequency emphasis to create your own tonal preference. Press TREBLE C. (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) or press CENTER f. (CDE-9841 only) to select the Treble (treble center frequency) Control mode. CDE-9845/CDE-9843: TREBLE ↔ normal mode CDE-9841: BASS →...
About the indicator display When displaying Title/Text, the following indicators are lit according to the mode. TITLE Bass Level is usually displayed. When BBE is set, the display changes according to the BBE setting (CDE-9845 only). Indicator/ CD Mode Mode While displaying Title —...
• Some characters may not be displayed correctly with this device, depending on the character type. • When the Scroll Setting (page 17) is set to “SCROLL MANU” for CDE-9845 and “SCR MANU” for CDE-9843, press and hold TITLE for at least 2 seconds to scroll the Text information only once (TEXT DISPLAY, FOLDER NAME DISPLAY, FILE NAME DISPLAY or TAG DISPLAY mode).
MODE (CDE-9841 only) repeatedly to select the SUBW mode. BASS → TREBLE → SUBWOOFER → BALANCE → FADER → DEFEAT → VOLUME → BASS 2 To adjust the level, turn the Rotary encoder (CDE-9845/ CDE-9843 only) or press 4 and 3 (CDE-9841 only). →...
Visual Customizing (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) Setting the Multicolor Illumination (CDE-9845 only) ILLUMI BLUE (Initial setting) / ILLUMI GREEN / ILLUMI AMBER / ILLUMI RED You can change the lighting color of the following four buttons: SOURCE/POWER, BAND, g and f. BLUE → GREEN → AMBER → RED → BLUE •...
- Make sure the CD has been written in a supported format. Refer to “About MP3/WMA” (pages 10-11), then rewrite in the format supported by this device. * CDE-9845 is compatible with MP3/WMA. CDE-9843 is compatible with MP3. Audio The sound is not output from the speakers.
- Remove the disc by following these steps: Press the c button again for at least 2 seconds. If the disc still does not eject, consult your Alpine dealer. ERROR • Mechanism error.
(e.g. amplifier) having RCA connectors. You may need an adaptor to connect other units. If so, please contact your authorized ALPINE dealer for assistance. • Be sure to connect the speaker (–) leads to the speaker (–) terminal.
Connect each input lead coming from an amplifier or equalizer to the corresponding output lead coming from the left rear of the CDE-9845/CDE- 9843/CDE-9841. Connect all other leads of the CDE- 9845/CDE-9843/CDE-9841 according to details described in the CONNECTlONS section.
Orange (CDE-9845/CDE-9843 only) Yellow Black (), -: CDE-9845 only) (CDE-9845 only) When Subwoofer is set to OFF: Output is from Rear speakers. When Subwoofer is set to ON: Output is from Subwoofer. When Subwoofer is set to OFF: Output is from Front speakers.
• Connect the ground lead securely to a bare metal spot (remove any paint, dirt or grease if necessary) of the car chassis. • If you add an optional noise suppressor, connect it as far away from the unit as possible. Your Alpine dealer carries various Alpine noise suppressors, contact them for further information.
LIMITED WARRANTY ALPINE ELECTRONICS OF AMERICA, INC. AND ALPINE OF CANADA INC. ("Alpine"), are dedicated to quality craftsmanship and are pleased to offer this Warranty. We suggest that you read it thoroughly. Should you have any questions, please contact your Dealer or Alpine at one of the telephone numbers listed below.