SPLIT TYPE ROOM AIR CONDITIONER
(PART No. 9314989018-02)
This air conditioner uses new refrigerant HFC (R410A).
The basic installation work procedures are the same as conventional refrigerant (R22) models.
However, pay careful attention to the following points:
(1) Since the working pressure is 1.6 times higher than that of conventional refrigerant (R22) models,
some of the piping and installation and service tools are special.(See the table below.)
Especially, when replacing a conventional refrigerant (R22) model with a new refrigerant R410A
model, always replace the conventional piping and flare nuts with the R410A piping and flare nuts.
(2) Models that use refrigerant R410A have a different charging port thread diameter to prevent
erroneous charging with conventional refrigerant (R22) and for safety. Therefore, check
beforehand.[The charging port thread diameter for R410A is 1/2 threads per inch.]
(3) Be more careful that foreign matter (oil, water, etc.) does not enter the piping than with refrigerant
(R22) models. Also, when storing the piping ,securely seal the opening by pinching ,taping, etc.
(4) When charging the refrigerant, take into account the slight change in the composition of the
gas and liquid phases, and always charge from the liquid phase side whose composition is
Special tools for R410A
Pressure is high and cannot be measured with a conventional gauge. To prevent erroneous
mixing of other refrigerants, the diameter of each port has been changed.
It is recommended the gauge with seals-0.1 to 5.3 MPa (-1 to 53 bar) for high pressure.
-0.1 to 3.8 MPa (-1 to 38 bar) for low pressure.
To increase pressure resistance, the hose material and base size were changed.
A conventional vacuum pump can be used by installing a vacuum pump adapter.
Gas leakage detector
Special gas leakage detector for HFC refrigerant R410A.
It is necessary to use seamless copper pipes and it is desirable
that the amount of residual oil is less than 40 mg/10m. Do not
use copper pipes having a collapsed, deformed or discolored
portion (especially on the interior surface). Otherwise, the ex-
pansion value or capillary tube may become blocked with
As an air conditioner using R410A incurs pressure higher than
when using R22, it is necessary to choose adequate materials.
Thicknesses of copper pipes used with R410A are as shown in Table1.Never us copper pipes thinner than 0.8mm even
when it is available on the market.
(1) Do not use the existing (for R22) piping and flare nuts.
• If the existing materials are used, the pressure inside the refrigerant cycle will rise and cause breakage, injury,
etc.(Use the special R410A materials.)
(2) When installing and relocating the air conditioner, do not mix gases other than the specified refrigerant(R410A)
to enter the refrigerant cycle.
• If air or other gas enters the refrigerant cycle, the pressure inside the cycle will rise to an abnormally high value
and cause breakage, injury, etc.
When installing pipes shorter than 3m, sound of the outdoor unit will be transferred to the indoor unit, which will
cause large operating sound or some abnormal sound.
SELECTING THE MOUNTING
Decide the mounting position with the customer as follows:
1. INDOOR UNIT
(1) Install the indoor unit level on a strong wall which is not subject to
(2) The inlet and outlet ports should not be obstructed : the air should
be able to blow all over the room.
(3) Install the unit near an electric outlet or special branch circuit.
(4) Do not install the unit where it will be exposed to direct sunlight.
(5) Install the unit where connection to the outdoor unit is easy.
(6) Install the unit where the drain pipe can be easily installed.
(7) Take servicing, etc. into consideration and leave the spaces shown
in (Fig. 2). Also install the unit where the filter can be removed.
2. OUTDOOR UNIT
(1) If possible, do not install the unit where it will be exposed to direct
sunlight. (If necessary, install a blind that does not interfere with
the air flow.)
(2) Do not install the unit where a strong wind blows or where it is very
(3) Do not install the unit where people pass.
(4) Take your neighbors into consideration so that they are not dis-
turbed by air blowing into their windows or by noise.
(5) Provide the space shown in Fig. 2 so that the air flow is not blocked.
Also for efficient operation, leave open three of the four directions
front, rear, and both sides.
Install at a place that can withstand the weight of the
indoor and outdoor units and install positively so that
the units will not topple or fall.
(1) Do not install where there is the danger of com-
bustible gas leakage.
(2) Do not install near heat sources.
(3) If children under 10 years old may approach the
unit, take preventive measures so that they can-
not reach the unit.
(4) Install the indoor unit on the wall where the height
from the floors more than 230 cm.
[Indoor unit piping direction]
The piping can be connected in the five directions indicated by 1,
2, 3, 4, and 5 in (Fig. 1). When the piping is connected in
direction 2 or 5, cut along the piping groove in the side of the
front cover with a hacksaw.
When connecting the piping in direction 3, cut a notch in the thin
wall at the front bottom of the front cover.
1 Rear outlet
4 Left rear
3 Bottom outlet
Contents of change
Table 1 Thicknesses of Annealed Copper Pipes
INSTALLATION DIAGRAM OF
INDOOR AND OUTDOOR UNITS
5 cm or over
6 cm or over
150 cm or over
230 cm or over
Dust collection unit
Conform to Type245 IEC57
60 cm or over
10 cm or over
20 cm or over
5 cm or over
• Do not directly install it on
the ground, otherwise it
will cause failure.
In places where the outdoor temperature drops to 0˚C or
lower, the drain water may freeze and may stop up the
drain or cause other outdoor unit trouble. Therefore take
measures so that the drain water will not freeze and clog
For authorized service personnel only.
(1) For the room air conditioner to operate satisfactory, install it as outlined in this installation manual.
(2) Connect the indoor unit and outdoor unit with the air conditioner piping and cords available standards parts. This
installation manual describes the correct connections using the standard accessories and the parts specified in
this installation manual.
(3) Have installation work done by authorized service personnel only.
(4) Never cut the power cord, lengthen or shorten the cord, or change the plug.
(5) Also do not use an extension cord.
(6) Plug in the power cord plug firmly. If the receptacle is loose, repair it before using the room air conditioner.
(7) Do not turn on the power until all installation work is complete.
G Be careful not to scratch the air conditioner when handling it.
G After installation, explain correct operation to the customer, using the operating manual.
G Let the customer keep this installation manual because it is used when the air conditioner is serviced or moved.
G The maximum length of the piping is 20 m. The maximum height difference of the piping is 15 m,
if the units are further apart than these, correct operation can not be guaranteed.
The following installation accessories are supplied.
Use them as required.
Name and Shape
Wall hook bracket
FRONT PANEL REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
AIR CLEANING UNIT REMOVAL
1) Open the intake grille, and then remove the right air filter.
(2) Pull the air cleaning unit grip in the direction of the arrow and remove
AIR CLEANING UNIT INSTALLATION
Wall hook bracket
(1) Open the intake grille, and then insert the dust collection unit into the
(2) Install the right air filter, and then close the intake grille.
THE INTAKE GRILLE REMOVAL
9 cm or over
Open the intake grille.
Pull down the knob.
Lift the intake grille upward, until the axle at the top of the intake
grille is removed.
THE INTAKE GRILLE INSTALLATION
The fixing axle of the intake grille is installed on the Panel.
Lay down the intake grille.
THE FRONT PANEL REMOVAL
Remove intake grille (Reference the intake grille removal.)
Remove four screws.
The thumb is hung on the lower part as shown in the figure,
and it pulls to the front, pushing [ ] mark , and bottom hooks
(two position) is removed from wall hook bracket.
The front panel bottom is pulled to the front, and bottom hooks
is removed indoor unit.
The front panel is pulled to the front, raising the upper surface,
and a front panel is removed.
THE FRONT PANEL INSTALLATION
Firstly, fit the lower part of the front panel, and insert top and
bottom hooks. (Three top sides, six bottom sides)
Four screws is attached.
The intake grille is attached.
10 cm or over
Install the front panel and
INTAKE GRILLE securely. If in-
stallation is imperfect, the
front panel or INTAKE GRILLE
may fall off and cause injury.
Be sure that the top hole of the
25 cm or
front panel is hooked securely to
the hook of the base.
E x p l a i n t h e f o l l o w i n g t o t h e
customer in accordance with the op-
(1) Starting and stopping method,
operation switching, temperat-
ure adjustment, timer, air flow
switching, and other remote
control unit operations.
(2) Air filter removal and cleaning,
and how to use the air louvers.
(3) Give the operating and installat-
ion manuals to the customer.
Outdoor unit bottom
The rated voltage of this product is 230 V AC 50 Hz.
Before turning on the power, check if the voltage is within the
220 V -10 % to 240 V +10 % range.
Always use a special branch circuit and install a special
receptacle to supply power to the room air conditioner.
Use a circuit breaker and receptacle matched to the capacity of
the air conditioner.
The power source capacity must be the sum of the air conditioner current and the current of other electrical appliances. When the
current contracted capacity is insufficient, change the contracted capacity.
When the voltage is low and the air conditioner is difficult to start, contact the power company the voltage raised.
One set of following parts are necessary in istallation of this product.
Name and Shape
Connection pipe assembly
Tapping screw (big)
Tapping screw (small)
Always make the air conditioner power supply a special branch circuit
and provide a special switch and receptacle. Do not extend the power
PUMP DOWN OPERATION (FORCED COOLING OPERATION)
To avoid discharging refrigerant into the atmosphere at the time of relocation or disposal, recover
refrigerant by doing the cooling operation or forced cooling operation according to the following
procedure. (When the cooling operation cannot start in winter, and so on, start the forced cooling
(1) Do the air purging of the charge hose by connecting the charging hose of gauge manifold to the charging
port of 3 way valve and opening the low-pressure valve slightly.
(2) Close the valve stem of 2 way valve completely.
(3) Start the cooling operation or following forced cooling operation.
When using the remote control unit
Press the TEST RUN button after starting the cooling operation by the remote control unit.
The operation indicator lamp and timer indicator lamp will begin to flash simultaneously during test run.
When using the MANUAL AUTO button of the indoor unit (The remote control unit is lost, and so on.)
Keep on pressing the MANUAL AUTO button of the indoor unit for more than 10 seconds.
(The forced cooling operation cannot start if the MANUAL AUTO button is not kept on pressing for more
than 10 seconds.)
(4) Close the valve stem of 3 way valve when the reading on the compound pressure gage becomes 0.05~0 Mpa
(5) Stop the operation.
• Press the START/STOP button of the remote control unit to stop the operation.
• Press the MANUAL AUTO button when stopping the operation from indoor unit side.
(It is not necessary to press on keeping for more than 10 seconds.)
During the pump-down operation, make sure that the compressor is turned off before you remove the refrigerant
Do not remove the connection pipe while the compressor is in operation with 2 way or 3 way valve open. This
may cause abnormal pressure in the refrigeration cycle that leads to breakage and even injury.
Do not extend the power cord.
Perform wiring work in accordance with standards so that the
air conditioner can be operated safely and positively.
Install a leakage circuit breaker in accordance with the related
laws and regulations and electric company standards.
Wall hook bracket
Top hook (two sides)
Installation instruction on the back.