SPLIT TYPE ROOM AIR CONDITIONER
(PART NO. 9317265003-01)
This air conditioner uses new refrigerant HFC (R410A).
The basic installation work procedures are the same as conventional refrigerant (R22) models.
However, pay careful attention to the following points:
(1) Since the working pressure is 1.6 times higher than that of conventional refrigerant (R22) models,
some of the piping and installation and service tools are special.(See the table below.)
Especially, when replacing a conventional refrigerant (R22) model with a new refrigerant R410A
model, always replace the conventional piping and flare nuts with the R410A piping and flare nuts.
(2) Models that use refrigerant R410A have a different charging port thread diameter to prevent
erroneous charging with conventional refrigerant (R22) and for safety. Therefore, check
beforehand.[The charging port thread diameter for R410A is 1/2 threads per inch.]
(3) Be more careful that foreign matter (oil, water, etc.) does not enter the piping than with refrigerant
(R22) models. Also, when storing the piping ,securely seal the opening by pinching ,taping, etc.
(4) When charging the refrigerant, take into account the slight change in the composition of the
gas and liquid phases, and always charge from the liquid phase side whose composition is
Special tools for R410A
Pressure is high and cannot be measured with a conventional gauge. To prevent erroneous
mixing of other refrigerants, the diameter of each port has been changed.
It is recommended the gauge with seals-0.1 to 5.3 MPa (-1 to 53 bar) for high pressure.
-0.1 to 3.8 MPa (-1 to 38 bar) for low pressure.
To increase pressure resistance, the hose material and base size were changed.
A conventional vacuum pump can be used by installing a vacuum pump adapter.
Gas leakage detector
Special gas leakage detector for HFC refrigerant R410A.
It is necessary to use seamless copper pipes and it is desirable
that the amount of residual oil is less than 40 mg/10m. Do not
use copper pipes having a collapsed, deformed or discolored
portion (especially on the interior surface). Otherwise, the ex-
pansion value or capillary tube may become blocked with
As an air conditioner using R410A incurs pressure higher than
when using R22, it is necessary to choose adequate materials.
Thicknesses of copper pipes used with R410A are as shown in Table1. Never use copper pipes thinner than 0.8mm even
when it is available on the market.
(1) Do not use the existing (for R22) piping and flare nuts.
• If the existing materials are used, the pressure inside the refrigerant cycle will rise and cause breakage, injury,
etc.(Use the special R410A materials.)
(2) When installing and relocating the air conditioner, do not mix gases other than the specified refrigerant(R410A)
to enter the refrigerant cycle.
• If air or other gas enters the refrigerant cycle, the pressure inside the cycle will rise to an abnormally high value
and cause breakage, injury, etc.
When installing pipes shorter than 3m, sound of the outdoor unit will be transferred to the indoor unit, which will
cause large operating sound or some abnormal sound.
SELECTING THE MOUNTING
Decide the mounting position with the customer as follows:
1. INDOOR UNIT
(1) Install the indoor unit level on a strong wall which is not subject to
(2) The inlet and outlet ports should not be obstructed : the air should
be able to blow all over the room.
(3) Install the unit near an electric outlet or special branch circuit.
(4) Do not install the unit where it will be exposed to direct sunlight.
(5) Install the unit where connection to the outdoor unit is easy.
(6) Install the unit where the drain pipe can be easily installed.
(7) Take servicing, etc. into consideration and leave the spaces shown
in (Fig. 2). Also install the unit where the filter can be removed.
2. OUTDOOR UNIT
(1) If possible, do not install the unit where it will be exposed to direct
sunlight. (If necessary, install a blind that does not interfere with
the air flow.)
(2) Do not install the unit where a strong wind blows or where it is very
(3) Do not install the unit where people pass.
(4) Take you neighbors into consideration so that they are not disturbed
by air blowing into their windows or by noise.
(5) Provide the space shown in Fig. 2 so that the air flow is not blocked.
Also for efficient operation, leave open three of the four directions
front, rear, and both sides.
Install at a place that can withstand the weight of the
indoor and outdoor units and install positively so that
the units will not topple or fall.
(1) Do not install where there is the danger of com-
bustible gas leakage.
(2) Do not install near heat sources.
(3) If children under 10 years old may approach the
unit, take preventive measures so that they can-
not reach the unit.
(4) Install the indoor unit on the wall where the height
from the floors more than 180 cm.
[Indoor unit piping direction]
The piping can be connected in the six directions indicated in (Fig. 1).
When the piping is connected in direction 2, 3, 4 or 5, cut along
the piping groove in the side of the front cover with a hacksaw.
1 Rear outlet
6 Left rear
3 Bottom outlet
4 Left bottom
Contents of change
Table 1 Thicknesses of Annealed Copper Pipes
INSTALLATION DIAGRAM OF
INDOOR AND OUTDOOR UNITS
Wall hook bracket
5 cm or over
6 cm or over
150 cm or over
180 cm or over
Conform to Type245 IEC57 (1 or 1.5 mm
10 cm or over
60 cm or over
10 cm or over
20 cm or over
5 cm or over
Outdoor unit bottom
(1) When the outdoor temperature is 0 °C or less, do not use the accessory
drain pipe and drain cap. If the drain pipe and drain cap are used, the
drain water in the pipe may freeze in extremety cold weather. (Reverse
cycle model only)
(2) In the area with heavy snowfall, if the intake and outlet of outdoor unit
is blocked with snow, it might become difficult to get warm and it is
likely to cause of the breakdown. Please construct a canopy and a ped-
estal or place the unit on a high stand (local configured).
For authorized service personnel only.
(1) For the room air conditioner to operate satisfactory, install it as outlined in this installation manual.
(2) Connect the indoor unit and outdoor unit with the air conditioner piping and cords available standards parts. This
installation manual describes the correct connections using the standard accessories and the parts specified in
this installation manual.
(3) Have installation work done by authorized service personnel only.
(4) Never cut the power cord, lengthen or shorten the cord, or change the plug.
(5) Also do not use an extension cord.
(6) Plug in the power cord plug firmly. If the receptacle is loose, repair it before using the room air conditioner.
(7) Do not turn on the power until all installation work is complete.
G Be careful not to scratch the air conditioner when handling it.
G After installation, explain correct operation to the customer, using the operating manual.
G Let the customer keep this installation manual because it is used when the air conditioner is serviced or moved.
G The maximum length of the piping is 20 m. The maximum height difference of the piping is 15 m,
if the units are further apart than these, correct operation can not be guaranteed.
The following installation accessories are supplied.
Use them as required.
Name and Shape
Name and Shape
Wall hook bracket
Tapping screw (large)
Tapping screw (small)
Air cleaning filter
FRONT PANEL REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
INTAKE GRILLE REMOVAL
Open the intake grille.
Pull down the knob.
Lift the intake grille upward, until the axle at the top of the in-
take grille is removed.
INTAKE GRILLE INSTALLATION
The fixing axle of the intake grille is installed on the Panel.
Lay down the intake grille.
9 cm or over
FRONT PANEL REMOVAL
Remove intake grille (Reference the intake grille removal.)
Remove wire cover.
Remove three screws.
The front panel is pulled to the front, raising the upper surface,
and a front panel is removed.
THE FRONT PANEL INSTALLATION
Firstly, fit the lower part of the front panel, and insert top and
bottom hooks. (Three top sides, eight bottom sides)
Three screws is attached.
The wire cover is attached.
The intake grille is attached.
Bottom holes (two position)
Bottom hooks (two position)
PUMP DOWN OPERATION (FORCED COOLING OPERATION)
To avoid discharging refrigerant into the atmosphere at the time of relocation or disposal, recover
Install the front panel and in-
refrigerant by doing the cooling operation or forced cooling operation according to the following
25 cm or
take grille securely. If installa-
procedure. (When the cooling operation cannot start in winter, and so on, start the forced cooling
tion is imperfect, the front
(1) Do the air purging of the charge hose by connecting the charging hose of gauge manifold to the charging
panel or intake grille may fall
off and cause injury.
(2) Close the valve stem of 2 way valve completely.
(3) Start the cooling operation or following forced cooling operation.
Be sure that the top hole of the
front panel is hooked securely to
the hook of the base.
(4) Close the valve stem of 3 way valve when the reading on the compound pressure gage becomes 0.05~0 Mpa
(5) Stop the operation.
E x p l a i n t h e f o l l o w i n g t o t h e
customer in accordance with the op-
(1) Starting and stopping method,
operation switching, temperat-
ure adjustment, timer, air flow
switching, and other remote
control unit operations.
(2) Air filter removal and cleaning,
and how to use the air louvers.
(3) Give the operating and installat-
ion manuals to the customer.
The rated voltage of this product is 230 V AC 50 Hz.
Before turning on the power, check if the voltage is within the
220 V -10 % to 240 V +10 % range.
Always use a special branch circuit and install a special
receptacle to supply power to the room air conditioner.
Use a circuit breaker and receptacle matched to the capacity of
the air conditioner.
The power source capacity must be the sum of the air conditioner current and the current of other electrical appliances. When the
current contracted capacity is insufficient, change the contracted capacity.
When the voltage is low and the air conditioner is difficult to start, contact the power company for increasing the voltage.
One set of following parts are necessary in istallation of this product.
Connection pipe assembly
Always make the air conditioner power supply a special branch circuit
and provide a special switch and receptacle. Do not extend the power
Screws (Wire cover)
Screws (3 position)
Top holes (two sides)
Top hole (center)
port of 3 way valve and opening the low-pressure valve slightly.
Keep on pressing the MANUAL AUTO button of the indoor unit for more than 10 seconds.
The operation indicator lamp and timer indicator lamp will begin to flash simultaneously during test run.
(The forced cooling operation cannot start if the MANUAL AUTO button is not kept on pressing for more
than 10 seconds.)
• Press the START/STOP button of the remote control unit to stop the operation.
• Press the MANUAL AUTO button when stopping the operation from indoor unit side.
(It is not necessary to press on keeping for more than 10 seconds.)
During the pump-down operation, make sure that the compressor is turned off before you remove the refrigerant
Do not remove the connection pipe while the compressor is in operation with 2 way or 3 way valve open. This
may cause abnormal pressure in the refrigeration cycle that leads to breakage and even injury.
Do not extend the power cord.
Perform wiring work in accordance with standards so that the
air conditioner can be operated safely and correctly.
Install a leakage circuit breaker in accordance with the related
laws and regulations and electric company standards.
Installation instruction on the back.
Top hooks (two sides)
Top hook (center)