Configuring Your Computer
Prior to accessing the router through the LAN port, note the
following necessary configurations—
• Your PC's TCP/IP address: 192.168.1.__( the last number
is any number between 2 and 254)
• The router's default IP address: 192.168.1.1
• Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Below are the procedures for configuring your computer. Follow
the instructions for the operating system that you are using.
1. In the Windows taskbar, click on the Start button and point
to Settings, Control Panel, and Network and Dial-up
Connections (in that order).
2. Click on Local Area Connection. When you have the Local
Area Connection Status window open, click on Properties.
3. Listed in the window are the installed network components.
If the list includes Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), then the
protocol has already been enabled, and you can skip to
4. If Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) does not appear as an
installed component, then click on Install.
5. In the Select Network Component Type window, click on
protocol and then the Add button.
6. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) from the list and then click
7. If prompted to restart your computer with the new settings,
ASUS 4-Port Wireless Ethernet Router
Document #: BD-AU0014-10