To Set for Broiling:
1. Arrange the oven rack while oven is still cool. Position the rack as
suggested in the Broil Rack Position Table below.
. " — — "will appear in display.
3. Press and hold the
the display. Press the
may be broiled at the HI broil setting. Select the LO broil setting to avoid
excess browning or drying of foods that should be cooked to the well-done
4. For optimum browning, preheat broil element for 3 - 4 minutes
before adding food.
5. Place the insert on the broil pan (if equipped), then place the food on the
insert (if equipped; See Fig. 1).
6. Place the broiler pan and insert on the oven rack (if equipped). Open the
oven door to the broil stop position when broiling (See Fig 2).
7. Broil on one side until food is browned. Turn and broil food on 2nd side.
Note: Always pull the oven rack out to the stop position before turning or
removing the food.
8. When broiling is finished press
Broil Rack Position Table (Refer to Fig. 3)
Rack Postion from Top
1st rack position
2nd rack position
3rd rack position
The broiler pan and the insert allows grease to drain and be kept away from the
high heat of the broiler. DO NOT use the pan without the insert. DO NOT cover
the insert with foil; the exposed grease could ignite. DO NOT use the broil pan
without the insert or cover the insert with aluminum foil. The exposed fat could
To insure proper results when broiling use ONLY Electrolux Home
Products, Inc. approved Broil Pan & Insert.
Should an oven fire occur, close the oven door and turn the oven
OFF. If the fire continues, use a fire extinguisher. DO NOT put water or flour on
the fire. Flour may be explosive.
Setting Oven Controls
until the desired broil setting level appears in
for HI broil or the
for LO broil. Most foods
Medium-rare steaks & hamburgers
Fish, medium steaks & pork chops
Well-done foods such as chicken & lobster
Fig.1 (some models)