Placement of speakers
How you set up your speakers can affect the bass and the sound ﬁ eld. Note the following points:
• Place speakers on ﬂ at secure bases.
• Placing speakers too close to ﬂ oors, walls, and corners can result in excessive bass. Cover walls and
windows with thick curtains.
• Other speaker setup options (\ page 10).
• Use only supplied speakers
Using other speakers can damage the unit, and
sound quality will be negatively affected.
• Set the speakers up on an even surface to prevent
them from falling. Take proper precautions to
prevent the speakers from falling if you cannot set
them up on an even surface.
• Keep your speakers at least 10 mm away from the
system for proper ventilation.
• To allow proper ventilation and to maintain good
airﬂ ow around the main unit, position it with at least
5 cm of space on all sides.
• Do not block the ventilation holes of the main unit.
• Vibration caused by the center speaker can disrupt
the picture if it is placed directly on the television.
Put the center speaker on a rack or shelf.
• To prevent the speakers from falling, do not place
directly on top of the television.
• Place to the right or left of the television, on the
ﬂ oor or a sturdy shelf so that it will not cause
vibration. Leave a space of 30 cm from the
• Refrain from holding
the speaker's net.
Example: Front speaker
Place the front, center, and surround speakers
at approximately the same distance from the
seating position. The angles in the diagram are
You can damage your speakers and shorten their
useful life if you play sound at high levels over
Reduce the volume in the following cases to avoid
– When playing distorted sound.
– When the speakers are reverberating due to
a record player, noise from FM broadcasts, or
continuous signals from an oscillator, test disc, or
– When adjusting the sound quality.
– When turning the unit on or off.
If irregular coloring occurs on your television
The front and center speakers are designed to
be used close to a television, but the picture
may be affected with some televisions and setup
If this occurs, turn the television off for about 30
The television's demagnetizing function should
correct the problem. If it persists, move the speakers
further away from the television.
• Use the speakers only with the recommended
system. Failure to do so can damage the
ampliﬁ er and speakers, and can cause ﬁ re.
Consult a qualiﬁ ed service person if damage
occurs or if a sudden change in performance
• Do not attempt to attach these speakers
to walls using methods other than those
described in this manual.