Before requesting service, make the following checks. If you are in doubt about some of the check points, or if
the solutions indicated in the chart do not solve the problem, consult your dealer for instructions.
The unit is automatically
switched to the standby
7 Unresponsive or inoperable function
No response when any
buttons are pressed.
No response when remote
control buttons are pressed.
Other products respond to
the remote control.
No picture or sound.
You have forgotten your
Reset all the settings to Factory
7 Speciﬁ c operation undesirable or unexpected
It takes time before play
Folders on a data CD are not
A menu screen appears
during skip or search.
Playback control menu does
The program and random
play functions do not work.
Play does not start.
7 A-B repeat
Point B is automatically set.
• Insert the AC mains lead securely.
• The Sleep timer was working and had reached the set time limit.
• This unit cannot play discs other than the ones listed in these
• The unit may not be operating properly due to lightning, static
electricity or some other external factor. Turn the unit off and then
back to on. Alternatively, turn the unit off, disconnect the AC mains
lead, and then reconnect it.
• Condensation has formed: Wait 1 to 2 hours for it to evaporate.
• Check that the batteries are installed correctly.
• The batteries are depleted. Replace them with new ones.
• Aim the remote control at the remote control signal sensor and
• Change the remote control operating mode.
• Check the video or speaker connection.
• Check the power or input setting of the connected equipment and
the main unit.
• Check that the disc has something recorded on it.
• While stopped and "DVD/CD" is the source, press and hold  on
the main unit and [h10] on the remote control until "INITIALIZED"
disappears from the television. Turn the unit off and on again.
All settings will return to the default values.
• Play may take time to begin when an MP3 track has still picture
data. Even after the track starts, the correct play time will not be
displayed. This is normal.
• Folders deeper than the eighth layer are displayed as the eighth
• This is normal for Video CDs.
• Press [7, STOP] twice and then press [3, PLAY].
• These functions do not work with some DVD-Videos.
• This unit may not play WMA that contains still picture data.
• If a disc contains CD-DA and other formats, proper playback may
not be possible.
• Display the subtitles. ("SUBTITLE" in Functions menu)
• The end of an item becomes point B when it is reached.