Naming folders and ﬁ les
Files are treated as contents and folders are treated as groups on this unit.
At the time of recording, preﬁ x folder and ﬁ le names. This should be with numbers that have an equal number
of digits, and should be done in the order you want to play them (this may not work at times). Files must have
the extension (\ see below).
(Extension: ".WMA" or ".wma")
• Compatible compression rate: between 48 kbps and 320 kbps.
• You cannot play WMA ﬁ les that are copy-protected.
• This unit does not support Multiple Bit Rate (MBR).
(Extension: ".MP3" or ".mp3")
• Compatible compression rate: between 32 kbps and 320 kbps.
• This unit does not support ID3 tags.
• Compatible sampling rates:
– DVD-RAM, DVD-R/RW: 11.02, 12, 22.05, 24, 44.1 and 48 kHz
– CD-R/RW: 8, 11.02, 12, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz
(Extension: ".JPG", ".jpg", ".JPEG" or ".jpeg")
• JPEG ﬁ les taken on a digital camera that conform to DCF Standard (Design rule for Camera File system)
Version 1.0 are displayed. Files that have been altered, edited or saved with computer picture editing
software may not be displayed.
• This unit cannot display moving pictures, MOTION JPEG and other such formats, and still pictures other
than JPEG (Example: TIFF), or play pictures with attached audio.
Disc handling precautions
• Do not attach labels or stickers to discs. This may
cause disc warping, rendering it unusable.
• Do not write on the label side with a ball-point pen
or other writing instrument.
• Do not use record cleaning sprays, benzine,
thinner, static electricity prevention liquids or any
• Do not use scratch-proof protectors or covers.
• Do not use the following discs:
– Discs with exposed adhesive from removed
stickers or labels (rented discs, etc).
– Discs that are badly warped or cracked.
– Irregularly shaped discs, such as heart shapes.
7 To clean discs
Wipe with a damp cloth and then wipe dry.