DVR-2810 / DVR-212D F
1. What are the maximum write speeds of the drive?
DVD-/+ R single layer: 18X
DVD-/+ R dual layer: 10X
2. What type of DVD and CD media can the drive read?
3. Will the drive work with Microsoft® Windows® Vista?
Yes, the drive works with All Microsoft Windows versions. This WHQL-certified drive
does not require specific drivers to work in Windows operating systems.
Note: Some bundled software may not work with all Windows versions.
4. Can other Operating Systems (UNIX®, Linux®, etc) control the drive too?
The drive is designed to work with MS Windows operating systems; however, some
customers have successfully installed this model in PCs with UNIX or Linux
Operating systems and with third-party software applications.
Note: Pioneer does not provide technical support for third party drivers. Use
the drivers at your own risk. Contact the driver provider for support.
5. Can the drive be installed Vertically as well as Horizontally?
This drive may be installed in either position.
6. What is the interface of the drive?
Serial ATA Revision 2.5
Gen1i Data transfer mode 1.5Gbits/sec
7. How much does the drive weigh?
2 pounds (0.9 kg)
How can I get the full 4.7 GB of data on a disc?
The total usable disc space available on 4.7GB DVD-R/RW media is approximately
4.37 Gigabytes. The apparent discrepancy is because DVD formats use one billion
bytes (1000 x 1000 x 1000) to represent a gigabyte, whereas traditional data storage
calculations use a 1024 x 1024 x 1024 value. This amounts to an apparent 7%
difference in the total number of bytes when DVD capacities are compared with the
traditional calculation; in other words, 4.37 GB = 4.7 billion bytes.
Page 1 of 3 pages
DVD-Video (ss/sl & ss/dl)
CD-ROM (Mode 1 & 2)
Photo CD (single/multi session)
release date: 1/30/2008