Solutions to Common Problems
Before you call for service, review the following list. It may save you time & expense. The list includes
common occurrences that are not the result of defective workmanship or materials in this appliance.
Entire cooktop does not
showing error codes
Cooktop turns off while
Surface element does
not heat food
Surface element heats
food too hot or not hot
• Cooktop controls are locked. Set the cooktop controls to unlock the
Cooktop (See p. 9 for further instructions).
• Make sure household electrical circuit breaker is ON and that power
is properly supplied to the Cooktop.
• Service wiring not complete. Contact installation agent or dealer.
• Power outage. Check house lights to be sure. Call local electric
• The error code will display in the zone that has the error. The error
will ﬂ ash through the code C, X, X where the X is the number of the
code. If the zone has been on and the zone is hot enough to display
H and you have an error then you will see C, X, X, H.
• Cooktop main control has detected a fault or error condition. Try
turning electrical power supply OFF and back ON to cooktop in order
to reset cooktop main controls. Make sure nothing touch control panel
area (utensils, cookware, etc.). If fault recurs, record fault number and
turn power supply to Cooktop OFF. Call a Electrolux service center
• Fluids spilled or object lying on controls area of cooktop. Clean spills
or remove object. Repower cooktop.
• No power to appliance. Check/reset breaker or replace fuse. If the
problem is a circuit overload, or improper connection of the armored
cable supplied with the appliance, have this situation corrected by a
qualiﬁ ed electrician.
• Too low heat setting. Turn control to a slightly higher setting until
element comes on.
• Incorrect control is on. Be sure to use correct control for the element
• Lightweight or warped pans were used. Be sure to use good quality
• Voltage is incorrect. Be sure appliance is properly connected to the
speciﬁ ed power source.
• Adjust surface element power level setting until the proper amount
of heat is obtained.
• Use only ﬂ at bottom, evenly balanced, medium or heavyweight
cookware. Pans having a ﬂ at bottom heat better than warped pans.
Cookware material affects heating. Heavy and medium weight pans
heat evenly. Because lightweight pans heat unevenly, foods may
Questions or for service call:
Before you call