Due to fog residue, smoke, and dust, cleaning the mixer should be carried out periodically to residue
1. Use normal glass cleaner and a soft cloth to wipe down the outside casing.
2. Use a cleaner specially designed for electronics to spray in and around the knobs and switch.
This will reduce small particle built up that can effect the proper operation of the mixer.
3. Clean should be carried out every 30-60 days.
4. Always be sure to dry all parts completely before plugging the mixer in.
Cleaning frequency depends on the environment in which the mixer operates (i.e. smoke, fog residue,
The crossfader is "Hot Swapable" which means it may be replaced at any time, even when power is
applied. Only replace with American Audio Part Feather Fader Plus. Replacing with any other model
fader may seriously damage your mixer.
Replacing the Crossfader:
Disconnect the mixers main power supply
Using a Phillips screw driver, unscrew the two stainless steel retaining screws that hold the
crossfader in place.
Gently remove the crossfader from its seated position. You may need to wiggle the crossfader
slightly to remove it.
After removing the crossfader, disconnect the ribbon cable that attaches the crossfader to the
PC board. Grasp the crossfader by its base and pull the ribbon cable by its connector not the
actual cables. The connector is designed to only ﬁt one way, so don't worry about the connec-
Connect the new crossfader to the ribbon cable and replace in reverse order.
- www.americanaudio.us - Q-D6™ Instruction Manual Page 14
Cross Fader Replacement