Water Filter Installation Instructions
Follow these simple instructions for your filter type.
Refrigerator Water Filter 5
Part 4396508, 4396510, 4396918, 8212652 & 8212491
1. Locate the filter beneath the freezer door in the front base grill.
2. Rotate the cap counter clock wise ¼ turn. Note: there may be some water in the
filter and some spilling may occur.
3. Pull the filter cartridge out.
4. Remove the cartridge grill cap by sliding it off the end of the used filter.
5. Remove the red shipping cap from the new filter.
6. Slide the grill cap onto the new filter end.
7. With new cartridge cap in the vertical position, insert the new filter cartridge into
the base grill.
8. Rotation the cap clockwise ¼ turn to a horizontal position
9. Reduce water spurts by flushing air from the system. Run water continuously
for 4 gallons (approximately 5 minutes) through the dispenser until water runs
steady. Additional flushing may be required in some households where water is
of poor quality.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST