Introduction Manual Overview Terminology Before moving on, take a few minutes to read the This manual mainly describes hardware-related following information about the conventions information such as the part names of the Navi- used in this manual. Familiarity with these con- gation System or precautions for use.
Handling and Care of the Disc 20 Safety Information 4 Navigation map discs 20 Precaution 4 DVD drive and care 20 After-sales service for Pioneer products 6 DVD discs and other DVD media types 21 Product registration 6 CD-R/CD-RW discs 21 Update DVD 6...
Update DVDs are available through your local necessary adjustments. Pioneer dealer. ❒ Never allow others to use the system unless ❒ Never use headphones while driving. they have read and understood the operating instructions.
Notes Before Using the System tion with this product will be referred to as the “Rear Display”. and Additional Safety Informa- tion • Never set the volume of your Navigation Sys- tem so high that you cannot hear outside traf- fic and emergency vehicles.
To ensure safe driving When using a display connected to REAR OUT This unit’s REAR OUT is for connection of a dis- play to enable passengers in the rear seats to • To avoid the risk of accident and the watch the DVD or TV.
• Updated Navigation DVDs are available for ing to whether full screen images are dis- purchase from your local Pioneer dealer that played when backing up, and whether the includes the most current map and point of images are used for checking the rear interest information.
Dolby Digital/DTS compatibility Memory navigation When using Pioneer multi-channel processors This navigation system can memorise a certain that are planned to be compatible with this navi- amount of information up to the set destination. gation unit, please consult your dealer or nearest This navigation system continues to operate even authorized Pioneer Service Station.
Multi-aspect For viewing LCD comfortably Switching between wide screen, letter box and panscan display is possible. Due to its construction, the view angle of the LCD screen is limited. The viewing angle (vertical and Multi-audio, Multi-subtitle, and Multi- horizontal) can be increased, however, by using angle BRIGHT to adjust the black density of the video.
• When adding/removing additional products panel indicates that the Satellite Radio Tuner for that attach to the unit. Pioneer (aka, XM tuner and Sirius satellite tuner • When the display and the Hide-away units are which are sold separately) can be controlled by re-connected.
ital-quality music, news, sports, talk and chil- dren’s programming. “SAT Radio”, the SAT Radio logo and all related marks are trademarks of Sirius Satellite Radio inc., and XM Satellite Radio Inc. About the XM NAVTRAFFIC mark Required $9.99 basic monthly XM radio subscrip- tion and XM NavTraffic service subscriptions sold separately.
Chapter 1 How to Use Navigation Unit and Names of the Parts Display unit (1) DISP button (4) Ambient light sensor Press to select different displays. Senses ambient light. This system automatically adjusts the brightness of the display to compen- (2) PGM button sate for ambient light.
(6) OPEN/CLOSE button (18) REAR button Press to open or close the LCD panel. Press to output to the REAR OUT terminal the sound and images of a disc inserted in the built- (7) NAVI/AV button in DVD drive that is different the currently Use to switch between Navigation map displays selected source.
❒ External unit refers to a Pioneer product (such Turning the unit on and select- as one available in the future) that, although ing a source incompatible as a source, enables control of basic functions by this unit. Two external units can be controlled by this unit.
❒ If the DVD drive does not operate properly, an ❒ When a CD or CD-ROM is inserted, sound error message such as ERROR-11 may be only is output to the rear display. displayed. ➲ Selecting the video of rear display ➞ Opera- ➲...
Adjusting the LCD panel angle Changing the wide screen mode Important: • Press WIDE button to select the desired • If you can hear the LCD panel knocking setting. against your vehicle’s console or dashboard, Press WIDE button repeatedly to switch press ANGLE (–) button to move the LCD between the following settings: panel a little forward.
❒ The navigation map and the rear view camera Touch “+” or “–” to adjust the selected picture is always FULL. item. Each time you touch “+” or “–” increases or decreases the level of selected item. +24 — – Operating the picture adjust- 24 is displayed as the level is increased or ment...
• Press PGM button to turn pause on when Protecting your unit from theft selecting the following sources: DISC — Built-in DVD drive The front panel can be detached from the display S-DVD — DVD player/multi-DVD player unit to discourage theft, as described below. M-CD —...
Appendix Troubleshooting ➲ About troubleshooting other than description below ➞ Appendix of the Operation Manual Symptom Cause Action (See) There’s no picture. The parking brake cord is not connected. Connect a parking brake cord, and apply the parking brake. The parking brake is not applied. Connect a parking brake cord, and apply the parking brake.
• It is not possible to play back DVD-ROM discs • The max. number of characters which can be other than Pioneer DVD map disc or DVD-RAM displayed for a file name, including the exten- discs. sion (.mp3), is 30 characters from the first •...
• Files are compatible with the ID3 Tag Ver. 1.0 and Ver. 1.1 formats for display of album (disc title), track (track title) and artist (track artist). • Only when MP3 files of 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz fre- quencies are played back, the emphasis func- tion is valid.
• Be careful not to place anything between the the nearest authorized PIONEER Service LCD panel and the main body when the LCD Station. Do not use the product in this con- panel is opening or closing. If an object gets...
— When the fluorescent tube reaches the end of its useful life, the LCD screen will be dark and the image will no longer be projected. If this happens, consult your dealer or the nearest authorized PIONEER Service Sta- tion.
Specifications Audio Continuous power output is 22 W per channel minimum into 4 ohms, both channels driven 50 to 15,000 Hz with General no more than 5% THD. Rated power source .... 14.4 V DC Maximum power output ..50 W ✕ 4 (10.8 - 15.1 V allowable) 50 W ✕...
Frequency response .... 5 – 44,000 Hz (with DVD, at sampling frequency 96 kHz) Signal-to-noise ratio .... 97 dB (1 kHz) (IHF-A net- work) (CD: 96 dB (1 kHz) (IHF-A network)) Dynamic range ....95 dB (1 kHz) (CD: 94 dB (1 kHz)) Distortion......
TEL: (03) 9586-6300 PIONEER ELECTRONICS OF CANADA, INC. 300 Allstate Parkway, Markham, Ontario L3R OP2, Canada TEL: 1-877-283-5901 PIONEER ELECTRONICS DE MEXICO, S.A. de C.V. Blvd.Manuel Avila Camacho 138 10 piso Col.Lomas de Chapultepec, Mexico, D.F. 11000 TEL:55-9178-4270 Published by Pioneer Corporation.