Introduction Selecting fine audio equipment such as the unit you’ve just purchased is only the start of your musical enjoyment. Now it’s time to consider how you can maximize the fun and excitement your equipment offers. This manufacturer and the Electronic Industries Association’s Consumer Elec- tronics Group want you to get the most out of your equipment by playing it at a safe level.
Manual Overview This manual mainly describes hardware-related information such as the part names of the Navi- gation System or precautions for use. Please read this manual and all other enclosed manuals before using your Navigation System. The follow- ing issues are described in each chapter: How to use this manual Introduction This chapter describes precautions for the use of...
Table of Contents 3 Important Safety Information 4 Notes Before Using the System and Additional Safety Information 5 Precaution 5 After-sales service for Pioneer products 7 Product registration 7 Update DVD 7 Playable discs 7 DVD video disc region numbers 7...
Notes Before Using the System and Additional Safety Informa- tion Information to User Alteration or modifications carried out with- out appropriate authorization may invalidate the user’s right to operate the equipment. For Canadian model This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
• In some countries or states the viewing of images on a display inside a vehicle even by persons other than the driver may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed and this unit’s DVD or TV features should not be used.
Update DVD • Updated Navigation DVDs are available for purchase from your local Pioneer dealer that includes the most current map and point of interest information. Contact your local Pio- neer dealer for details.
Dolby Digital/DTS compatibility When using Pioneer multi-channel processors that are planned to be compatible with this navi- gation unit, please consult your dealer or nearest authorized Pioneer Service Station.
To protect the LCD screen ❒ Do not allow direct sunlight to fall on the dis- play when this unit is not being used. Extended exposure to direct sunlight can result in LCD screen malfunction due to the resulting high temperatures. ❒...
ACC ON before pressing RESET button. About the XM READY mark The XM READY mark printed on the front panel indicates that the Pioneer XM tuner (sold sepa- rately) can be controlled by this unit. Please inquire to your dealer or nearest authorized Pio- neer service station regarding the XM tuner that can be connected to this unit.
How to Use Navigation Unit and Names of the Parts Display unit (1) DISP button Press to select different displays. (2) PGM button Press to operate the preprogrammed functions for each source. (3) Sub display Current time or the information of the audio source currently playing is displayed when the LCD panel is closed.
(6) OPEN/CLOSE button Press to open or close the LCD panel. (7) NAVI/AV button Use to switch between Navigation map displays and audio operation displays. (8) POS button Press to view the map or return to guidance. Also, when the map is scrolling, pressing this button returns you to the display of the map of your surroundings.
(refer to Operation Manual). — When the AV (video input) is not set to VIDEO (refer to Operation Manual). ❒ External unit refers to a Pioneer product (such as one available in the future) that, although incompatible as a source, enables control of basic functions by this unit.
❒ If the DVD drive does not operate properly, an error message such as ERROR-11 may be displayed. ➲ Error messages ➞ Operation Manual Adjusting the volume • Use VOLUME to adjust the audio sound level. With this product, rotate VOLUME to increase or decrease the volume.
Adjusting the LCD panel angle Important: • If you can hear the LCD panel knocking against your vehicle’s console or dashboard, press ANGLE (–) button to move the LCD panel a little forward. • When adjusting the LCD panel angle, be sure to press ANGLE (+/–) button.
❒ The navigation map and the rear view camera picture is always FULL. Operating the picture adjust- ment Press WIDE button and hold to display PICTURE ADJUST. BRIGHT — Adjust the black intensity CONTRAST — Adjust the contrast COLOR — Adjust the color saturation HUE —...
• Press PGM button and hold to turn BSM on when selecting RADIO as the source. Press PGM button and hold until the BSM turns on. To cancel the storage process, press PGM button again. • Press PGM button and hold to turn BSSM on when selecting TV as the source.
Appendix Troubleshooting ➲ About troubleshooting other than description below ➞ Appendix of the Operation Manual Symptom Cause There’s no picture. The parking brake cord is not connected. The parking brake is not applied. The operation is prohibited for the disc. The icon is dis- played, and operation...
➲ For suitable discs ➞ Page 7 ❒ If you wish to use other navigation discs, first check that they are compatible with this equipment and approved by Pioneer. DVD drive and care • Use only normal, round discs. If you insert irregular, non-round, shaped discs they may jam in the DVD drive or not play properly.
• It is not possible to play back DVD-ROM discs other than Pioneer DVD map disc or DVD-RAM discs. • Playback of discs recorded on a personal com- puter may not be possible depending on the application settings and the environment.
• If liquid or foreign matter should get inside this product, turn off the power immediately and consult your dealer or the nearest authorized PIONEER Service Station. Do not use the product in this con- dition because doing so may result in a fire, electric shock, or other failure.
— When the fluorescent tube reaches the end of its useful life, the LCD screen will be dark and the image will no longer be projected. If this happens, consult your dealer or the nearest authorized PIONEER Service Sta- tion.
Glossary ➲ Glossary ➞ Appendix of the Operation Manual Specifications General Rated power source ... 14.4 V DC (10.8 - 15.1 V allowable) Grounding system ... Negative type Max. current consumption ... 10.0 A Display unit: Dimensions (W ✕ H ✕ D): Chassis ...
Audio Continuous power output is 22 W per channel minimum into 4 ohms, both channels driven 50 to 15,000 Hz with no more than 5% THD. Maximum power output ... 50 W ✕ 4 50 W ✕ 2 ch/4 Ω + 70 W ✕ 1 ch/2 Ω...
TEL: (03) 9586-6300 PIONEER ELECTRONICS OF CANADA, INC. 300 Allstate Parkway, Markham, Ontario L3R OP2, Canada TEL: (905) 479-4411 PIONEER ELECTRONICS DE MEXICO, S.A. de C.V. Blvd.Manuel Avila Camacho 138 10 piso Col.Lomas de Chapultepec, Mexico, D.F. 11000 TEL:55-9178-4270 <KKYHF> <04B00001>...