Can't select a certain channel.
• The channel may be blocked or not approved in the PARENTAL Menu.
• The channel may be skipped in channel list in CHANNEL Menu. Check the blocking and skipping status of channel.
The stereo sound performance is bad.
• It may be a weak station. Use the SOUND Menu and set Analog Sound as Mono.
A black box appears on the screen.
• Closed captioning might be on. Check Closed Caption in the SETUP menu. Go to page 31 for more instructions.
Problems with the HDMI Connection.
• Make sure the HDMI device (DVD, video gamer, etc.) is turned on and the cables are ﬁrmly connected. If problems still occur, turn off
your device and reconnect it. Reset the power by unplugging the power cord and plugging it again.
• If a "No Signal" message appears on screen , the HDMI device isn't responding. Contact the manufacturer of the HDMI device for
• If you have black bars on each side of your picture (which means the TV can not display a full-screen image), the device you connected
might have a switch or a menu option allowing you to change the picture quality output that will ﬁx this. Choose either 720p or 1080i.
The Remote control doesn't work.
• Something might be blocking between the remote control and the remote sensor on the front panel of the TV. Make sure
there is a clear path.
• The remote may not be aimed directly at the TV.
• The batteries in the remote may be weak, dead, or installed incorrectly. Put new batteries in the remote.
You are experiencing problems with V-Chip/Parental Controls.
• If the rating limits don't work, you must lock the settings. Go to the Main Menu (press MENU on your remote), select
PARENTAL to check the settings.
What else can I do?
If you've been through the Troubleshooting section and nothing has ﬁxed your problem, try rebooting your TV. Note that after
a reboot, you may need to run your TV through the setup process again. To reboot, unplug the power cord from the wall
outlet or power strip. Keep your TV unplugged for about 5 minutes. Then plug in the TV and turn it on. See if the problem
is ﬁxed. If the problem remains, then please visit the Customer Support Menu at www.rca.com or updated FAQs
or contact RCA Customer Support at the support number provided in your Warranty card.