REMOVING / CLEANING THE IFD
This air purifier is equipped with an electronic filter indicator to serve as a convenient guideline for
cleaning the IFD
and pre-filter based on the air purifier's hours of use and operating power level. This is
beneficial because a filter's life depends on the amount of air and contaminants drawn through it. As you
operate your QuietClean
continue to fill as you use the unit. Once the bar is completely full, the Filter Reset button will illuminate –
it is time to clean the filters and reset the filter indicator.
NOTE: Depending upon your individual usage (environment, hours and power level of operation), you may
need to check and clean the filters more or less frequently.
To remove the IFD
• Make certain that the air purifier is OFF and the unit is
• Push the Filter Release button and then gently lift the
filter assembly (Fig. 6a & 6b). The filter assembly will
only release if the button is pushed.
• Remove the pre-filter (see "Cleaning the Pre-filter"),
and set aside.
To clean the IFD
• After removing the IFD
run a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle or brush attachment
along the filter to pick-up tiny particles (Fig. 7).
Repeat on both sides.
If your IFD
filter appears to have dirt that has not been
removed by vacuuming, please follow the steps below to wash the IFD
• Turn the power off and unplug the air purifier.
• Remove the IFD
filter from the unit.
• Fill the sink with lukewarm water and add a few drops of mild dish soap (Fig. 8).
• Gently swish the filter in the soap solution to clean.
• Soak the filter for 2-3 minutes. Do not leave for an extended period of time.
• Rinse the filter with clean tap water.
• Shake the filter to remove any excess water.
• Place the filter with the honeycomb side down on a plush towel (Fig. 9).
• Note that the filter may still be discolored even after washing.
This is acceptable and will not affect performance.
• Allow the IFD
filter to dry for a few hours or overnight.
• When the IFD
filter is completely dry, place back into the air purifier.
• Never place a wet IFD
• Do not use any solvents, strong cleaning agents or flammable liquids to clean the IFD
Air Purifier, the filter bar indicator will fill-up from left to right. The bar will
Filter from the air purifier, gently
filter in your air purifier.