IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
This manual and the appliance itself provide important safety messages, to be read and observed at all times.
This is the safety alert symbol, pertaining to safety, which alerts users to potential hazards to themselves and others. All safety
messages will follow the safety alert symbol and either the terms:
Indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will cause serious injury.
Indicates a hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could cause serious injury.
All safety messages will tell you what the potential hazard is, tell you how to reduce the change of injury, and tell you what can happen if
the instructions are not followed.
- The appliance must be disconnected from the power supply before carrying out any installation work.
- Installation and maintenance must be carried out by a qualified technician, in compliance with the manufacturer's instructions and local
safety regulations. Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically stated in the user manual.
If the information in this manual is not followed exactly, a fire or explosion may result causing property
damage or injury.
- Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this appliance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS:
- Do not try to light any appliance.
- Do not touch any electrical switch.
- Do not use any phone in your building.
- Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's instructions.
- If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
- Installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer, service agency or the gas supplier.
- Install a separanting panel under the appliance
- Use appliance in well ventilated rooms only.
The electrical and gas connections must comply with local regulations.
- Regulations require that the appliance is grounded.
- The power cable must be long enough for connecting the appliance, once fitted in its housing, to the power supply
- Use only flexible or rigid metal hose for gas connection.
- Do not place metal objects such as kitchen utensils (knives, forks, spoons...), lids or other similar items on the cooking zone as they can
become very hot.
- When the hob is installed, provide a multi-pole circuit breaker with a contact separation of at least 3 mm.
- This appliance complies with current safety regulations and electromagnetic comapability regulations. Nevertheless, people with a
pacemaker should not use this appliance. It is impossible to guarantee that all such devices found on the market comply with current
safety regulations and electromagnetic comapability regulations, and that dangerous interference will not occur. It is also possible that
people with other types of devices, such as a hearing aid, could experience some discomfort.
- Do not use multiple plug adapters or extension cords.
- Do not pull the power supply cord in order to unplug the appliance.
- The electrical components must not be accessible to the user after installation.
- Do not touch the appliance with any wet part of the body and do not operate it when barefoot.
- This hob is designed solely for household use for cooking food. NEVER use this appliance as a space heater to heat or warm the room.
Doing so may result in carbon monoxide poisoning and overheating of the hob. The manufacturer declines all responsibility for
inappropriate use or incorrect setting of the controls.
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or with lack
of experience and knowledge of the appliance, unless supervised or previously instructed in its use by those responsible for their safety.
- Do not place flammable materials in or near the appliance: a fire may break out if the appliance is inadvertently switched on.
- Do not heat or cook sealed jars or containers in the appliance. The pressure that builds up inside might cause the jar to explode,
damaging the appliance.
- Do not use containers made of synthetic materials.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
5019 619 01340
- Overheated oils and fats catch fire easily. Always remain vigilant when cooking foods rich in fat and oil.
- Never leave the appliance unattended during food drying.
If alcoholic beverages are used when cooking foods (e.g. rum, cognac, wine), remember that alcohol evaporates at high temperatures.
As a result, there is a risk that vapours released by the alcohol may catch fire upon coming into contact with the heating element.
- Keep the packaging materials out of the reach of children, as they are potential hazard.
- Before cleaning or maintenance wait for hob to cool down.
• Improper use of the grids can result in damage to the hob surface. Do not position the grids upside down or drag them across the hob.
• If the hob has a glass ceramic top,do not use:
- Cast iron griddles or terracotta pots and pans
- Heat diffusers (e.g. metallic mesh)
- Two cookers for the same pot
• In case of prolonged use, additional ventilation maybe needed (opening a window or increasing the extraction force of the hood).
• This appliance is not intended for use by people (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of
experience and knowledge unless they have been given initial supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person
responsible fortheir safety.
• Keep children away from the hob when it is in use and do not let them play with the controls or any other appliance parts.