Overview of the phone
Signal strength/GPRS/battery level.
Two LEDs for
under lift cover.
Press the softkey to call up the function
that is displayed as
grey fields above the key.
For charger, headset.
Dial displayed phone number or name,
accept calls. In standby mode: Display the
• Switching on/off: press and hold.
• During a conversation or in an
application: press briefly to finish.
• In menus: press briefly to go back a
level. Press and hold to return to
• In standby mode: Press and hold to
switch off phone.
In lists and menus:
Scroll up and down.
Back a menu level.
During a call:
Open call menu.
In standby mode:
Voice command (press and hold).
or icon on the
Press and hold
• In standby mode: switch on/off all
signal tones (except alarm).
• For incoming calls: only switch off ring
be accepted by opening the clamshell. A call
can be ended by simply closing the clamshell.
This is a summarised version of the User Guide.
The complete version in English and German can
be found on the Internet: www.siemens.com/af51
is activated a call can