How to Turn On Your eBook
To turn on your eBook:
1. Open the cover to your eBook.
2. Press the Menu button at the top of your eBook.
Before using your eBook you must register it through the modem connection. Your eBook will dial a
toll-free number to enable the registration process.
Registering your eBook sets up your personal eBook Account and Online Bookshelf, allowing you to
purchase and enjoy the thousands of books, magazines and newspapers available for your eBook. Follow
these instructions to register.
1. Connect your eBook to an analog phone jack.
A. Plug in the supplied telephone line cord to your eBook.
B. Connect the other end of the telephone line cord to an analog
Note: If you are registering using the Ethernet connection, use an Ethernet line cord and make sure
it is plugged into the Ethernet connection on your eBook.
2. Tap the Menu button.
3. Tap Bookstore. Your eBook will dial a toll-free number and connect you to the registration computer.
4. Fill in the information and change any preferences accordingly.
5. When you have finished, tap Go to bookstore to browse for eBook Editions.
What You Get For Registering
After the registration is complete, an eBook Account is created for you. You now have the capability to
purchase eBook Editions either through the modem or the Ethernet. Whenever you purchase an eBook
Edition, your Online Bookshelf stores it. You can download the eBook Edition to your eBookshelf
immediately after purchasing or download at a later time. As an eBook owner, you will be able to get the
books you want to read earlier, faster and easier than virtually any other source for mobile electronic
Quick Start Guide
10/23/00, 11:27 AM