00CN1389 MBTS4 IB 9/8/03 2:01 PM Page 1
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including
the following: Read all instructions before using this appliance.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1) Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after
using and before cleaning.
2) Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
3) Do not place or store motor housing where it can fall or be pulled into the bathtub.
Do not fully immerse in or drop into water or other liquid. Store in dry place.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
1) An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet
when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts.
2) Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near
children, invalids, or disabled persons.
3) Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use
attachments not recommended by Conair.
4) Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly,
or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to
a service center for examination and repair.
5) Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as a handle.
6) Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
7) Never operate the appliance with the openings blocked. Keep the opening free
of lint, hair, and other particles. Do not operate on top of shag or loose pile rugs.
8) Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
9) Do not use outdoors.
10) Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where
oxygen is being administered.
11) To disconnect, turn control to the "off" position, then remove plug from outlet.
12) Do not use if you have sensitive skin areas or poor circulation. Use by unattended
children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
13) Disconnect power when not in use, and store in dry place.
14) Never use while sleeping or drowsy.
15) Keep the Remote Control Power Module dry when possible. After use, store in a cool, dry
place. Avoid submerging or having control float on water for long periods of time.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature,
this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet,
reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat
this safety feature.
This appliance is equipped with an Appliance Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ALCI), a safety
feature that renders it inoperable under some abnormal conditions, such as immersion in
To make sure the ALCI is functioning properly, perform the following test. The purpose of this
test is to allow you to make sure the exclusive water sensing system (ALCI) is working.
1) Plug in appliance and press test button on plug (see appropriate diagram below).
2) Appliance will stop working. There will be an audible click and a reset button will pop out.
3) To reset ALCI with a reset button, unit should be unplugged.
Then push in reset button, and reinsert plug into outlet.
4) If ALCI is not functioning properly, return appliance to
an authorized Conair service center.
5) It is important that if immersion of the transformer or the ALCI
occurs, this unit be brought to a service center. Do not try to reset.
6) Be sure to repeat test every time you use appliance to confirm
ALCI is operational. Should the appliance go off and the ALCI reset
button pop up during use, this could indicate a malfunction in the appliance.
• This unit should not be used in the following cases: Tuberculosis, benign and malignant
tumors, hemorrhages, inflammations of the skin, phlebitis and thrombosis, open and fresh
wounds, bruises, broken skin or varicose veins, or undetermined calf pain.
• Consult your physician, if you have any therapeutic questions regarding unit's use.
• Do not use on any unexplained pain before consulting your physician.
• Discontinue use of unit if pain increases or swelling occurs after application.
• Do not use on any part of the body that is anesthetized.
• Do not use on any part of the body where recent surgery was performed.
• The recommended massage time is 15-20 minutes.
MAT MAY MOVE WHEN YOU
ENTER OR EXIT BATHTUB:
HOW TO USE BATH MAT AND MOTOR HOUSING
1) Remove bath mat, motor housing, soft surface mat, and air hose from packaging.
Do not fill tub first.
2) Insert one end of the air hose into the female receptacle on one end of the mat. Press
3) Place mat into tub with hose end towards the front of tub. Press mat firmly down to engage
suction cups on bottom of mat. Suction cups may lose grip on textured surfaces or tubs with
some dirt buildup. Clean area and moisten suction cups to increase suction cup grip.
4) Place motor housing on the floor conveniently between the bathtub and electrical outlet.
Never place the motor housing where it can fall into the tub. Have the motor housing face the
user in the tub, as the infrared Remote Control needs to be aimed by the user towards the
5) Plug motor housing into 120 V AC outlet. See ALCI operating instructions to familiarize
yourself with ALCI use and function.
6) Insert the other end of the air hose into the motor housing.
7) Test the Unit by pushing rocker switch on the front of appliance to "HIGH". You should hear
the motor turn on.
8) Test operation of the Remote Control by pushing the rocker switch to the "REMOTE" posi-
tion. Now press the remote's power "ON" button; motor will run on the "HIGH" setting. Try
other settings to become familiar with the unit's operation. (See "How To Use Remote Control")
9) Now fill the bathtub with the amount and temperature of bath water desired. Turn on unit to
10) Exercise extra caution getting into and out of the bathtub.
11) The bath mat massager will not keep hot bath water heated. Even on the HIGH setting,
the user should expect hot bath water to cool off.
12) Use of salts and oils is acceptable with your Bath Mat Massager. Please clean the bath
mat with fresh tap water before storing. Also note that your additions of salt or oil may make
tub and bath mat surfaces slippery.
13) After use, be sure you are dry before unplugging power unit.
14) To store, drain all water from the bath mat sections by rotating gently over the bathtub.
Disconnect the air hose from the power unit and drain air hose into tub as well. After all free
water has dripped into the tub, gently wipe any wet surfaces with a clean dry towel before
15) Dry the Remote Control Power Module after use. Avoid submerging or having control float
on water for long periods of time.
HOW TO USE REMOTE CONTROL
1)Find the Remote Control Power Module and carefully remove it from its wrapping.
2) Remove battery cover by removing 2 screws on the end of the remote control. Insert the
2 "AAA" batteries (which are included) following instructions engraved inside the battery
enclosure. Carefully replace battery cover and make sure "O" ring is intact.
3) Your Remote Control has the following features:
Power On/Off - Remotely turn motor On or OFF
High Bubbles - Highest bubble action
Medium Bubbles - Medium bubble action
Low Bubbles - Softest bubble action
Pulse Feature - Pulse between "High" and "Low" every 3 seconds for custom comfort
Random Feature - Pulse levels alternately change between "High", "Medium" and "Low".
4) Aim the remote control at the top front of the motor housing. If the remote does not work,
check to see that the power switch is set to the "remote" position, and that the batteries in
the remote are fresh and making good contact.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
The Body Benefits
Bath Mat can help you relax, relieve tension and soothe sore muscles.
Consult your physician or physical therapist for recommendations regarding Bath Mat,
including water temperature and duration and frequency of use.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Keep your unit clean and clear of obstruction. Check the hose and mat controls, air intakes,
and connections periodically to make sure they are free of obstruction, hair, lint and other
particles that could block airflow.
If the Remote control does not work, first check the setting on the rocker power switch on the
motor housing, and make sure that the "REMOTE" position has been selected. Then check
operation by aiming the remote at the motor housing, and selecting a function. If the remote
still does not operate the unit, make sure that the ALCI "reset" button is engaged. Now check
to make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh, and making good contact in the