This document describes the information and operations required for startup. For more advanced operating procedures, read the instruction manual which is available on the website.
Confirm the presence of all parts and components before use.
- Earphone L side (host unit)
- Earphone R side (sub unit)
- Charging case
- TYPE-C USB cable
- Earphone tips S, M, L × 2 each
- Ambient awareness earphone tips S, M, L × 2 each
- Secure ear fins S, M, L × 2 each
- Warranty (U.S.A. and Canada / Japan)
- Quick Start Guide (this document)
- Safety Guide
Names of Parts
(see Fig. 2)
- L side Multi-function button
- R side Multi-function button
- LED indicators of units
- Charging terminals of units
- Charging terminals of charging case
- TYPE-C USB port
- Charging case LED indicators
Replacing the earphone tip
(see Fig. 3)
Turn the earphone's skirt inside out as shown in the accompanying illustration. Press the mounting surface firmly onto the nozzle. Failure to press the tip fully onto the nozzle may cause the tip to come off. Return the inside-out skirt to its original shape.
Hold the earphone body securely and twist off the earphone tip. This product comes with ambient awareness earphone tips that make it easier for you to hear ambient sounds. When using the product, keep the volume at a level where you can hear ambient sounds and check your safety.
Ambient awareness earphone tips:
They make it easier for you to hear ambient sounds so you can enjoy music while being aware of ambient sounds even during sport.
- Although the product is designed to help you to hear ambient sounds, pay thorough attention to the ambient environment when using the product outdoors.
- Low-pitched sounds may be hard to hear due to ambient sounds taken in.
- Turning up the volume too much will make it hard to hear ambient sounds.
How to Replace the Secure Ear Fins
L and R indications
This product comes with secure ear fins (S, M, and L). For comfortable use, select and attach ones with a size that matches your ears.
Check the LEFT and RIGHT indications on the headphones and insert each of the secure ear fin with the L indication into the left side of the headphone and the secure fin with the R indication into the right side of the headphone. If they are attached at the wrong angle, you may not be able to obtain a sufficiently good fit feeling. Note that there is a risk of becoming detached if they are attached loosely.
While supporting the earphones, hold the ring parts and remove the ear hooks and ear fins.
Charging the batteries
The unit's battery must be recharged before use. The accessory TYPE-C USB cable must be used for recharging the unit's battery.
- Place the left and right earphones (units) into the charging case and check that the red LEDs of the units light red.
When the red LEDs light, charging of the units begins and the power turns off automatically.
- Close the charging case and then connect one USB plug of the accessory TYPE-C USB cable to the charging case and the other one to a USB port of your PC.
When inserting the cable plug, insert it straight while holding the case to prevent it from opening.
- When charging begins, the white LEDs on the charging case flash.
Charging of the charging case will complete in about 3.5 hours. When the four white LEDs light, the charging case is fully charged. Charging of the units will complete in about 1 hours.
<Charging the earphones while you are out>
The charging case has a built-in rechargeable battery. If you charge the charging case, you will be able to charge the units if they runs out of power while you are out or otherwise have no access to a power supply. If the charging case is fully charged, you can charge the units about 2 times.
- Battery recharging time and usable battery time may vary depending on ambient temperature and frequency of use.
Notes on battery charging
- Battery performance is influenced by the surrounding temperature. Charge the supplied rechargeable batteries within a temperature range of 10 to 35 degrees celcius.
- Batteries become slightly warm when charging. This is not a malfunction.
- Recharging may not be possible if computer is in power-saving mode.
- This device cannot be used during charging.
Pairing must be performed before the headphones can be used to listen to music or communicate using a Bluetooth device.
For further details regarding the pairing procedure, consult the user's manual for your Bluetooth device.
- Remove the left and right earphones (units) from the charging case.
- Press the multifunction button on the left side until the mode becomes pairing mode.
- The state when the LED lamp flashes blue and red alternately is pairing mode. When it lights alternately, release the multifunction button.
- Press the multifunction button on the right side until the blue LED lights and then flashes.
- When the blue LED on right earphone flashes three times, the power turns on and the right earphone pairs with the left earphone automatically. (If there is another connection device nearby, paring of the left and right units may not be possible.)
- Turn on the power to the Bluetooth device you wish to pair with, and begin pairing; search for this unit (wireless headphones) from the paired Bluetooth device.
- Set the Bluetooth device close (within one meter) to the wireless headphones.
- These wireless headphones will appear in the Bluetooth device's display as «SE-E8TW».
- Confirm that pairing has been successfully completed with the Bluetooth device.
- Look at the display for the Bluetooth-enabled device and select "SE-E8TW".
- When the LED lamp is flashing in blue slowly about once every 3 seconds, pairing is complete.
Connect to the Bluetooth device
- Turn on the power of each of the left and right units and perform the connection operation on the other Bluetooth device.
When the power of the units turns on, the blue LED flashes three times.
- Depending on the device, connection between the wireless headphones and Bluetooth device may be effected automatically after pairing.
Disconnecting from the Bluetooth device
- Press the multifunction button on either the right or left unit until the red LED flashes three times to turn off the power.
If the operation is performed on one of the units, the power of both the left and right units will turn off.
Transmission format - Bluetooth Standard Protocol Ver. 4.2
Output: Bluetooth Standard Protocol Power Class 2
Maximum transmission distance: About 10 m line of sight *1
Frequency used: 2.4 GHz (2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz)*2
Supported Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
Supported CODEC: SBC, AAC
Contents protection: SCMS-T
Battery life with continuous use
- Earphones: Maximum 3 hours of continuous transmission
(including music-play time) Recharging time
- Earphones: About 1 hours
- Charging case: About 3.5 hours
Power: DC 3.7 V internally rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Earphones (L,R each): 6 g
- Charging case: 49 g
Type: Fully-enclosed dynamic headphones
Driver units: ø6 mm
Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 000 Hz
Directionality: Omni-directional microphone
Frequency response: 100 Hz to 10 000 Hz
TYPE-C cable: 1
Earphone tips (silicone): S, M, L × 2 each
Ambient awareness earphone tips (silicone): S, M, L × 2 each
Secure ear fins (silicone): S, M, L × 2 each
Warranty (U.S.A. and Canada / Japan): 1
Quick Start Guide (this document): 1
Safety Guide: 1
*1 Transmission distance is an approximation. Actual usable distance may vary depending on surrounding conditions.
*2 This product utilizes radio waves in the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Some signal dropouts may be experienced due to interference with radios, microwave ovens, and other devices using the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
Specifications and design are subject to possible modifications without notice due to improvements.
About the License and Trademarks
- "Pioneer" is a trademark of Pioneer Corporation, and is used under license.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Onkyo Corporation is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Here you can download full pdf version of manual, it may contain additional safety instructions, warranty information, FCC rules, etc.