Notes on using OpenMG Jukebox
Differences between the HotSync operation and the check-
The check-in (transferring digital audio files to your computer)/out
(transferring digital audio files to your CLIE handheld) procedure differs
from the HotSync operation in several ways.
When you perform the HotSync operation
• Since the HotSync Manager of the Palm Desktop for CLIE software
manages the operation, the computer recognizes your CLIE handheld as a
Palm OS compatible handheld.
• You can perform the HotSync operation even when your CLIE handheld
is turned off.
• The data transfer starts when you press the HotSync button on the cradle.
When you perform the check-in/out procedure
• Since the OpenMG Jukebox software manages the operation, the computer
recognizes your CLIE handheld as a USB Mass storage device.
• You cannot perform the check-in/out procedure if your CLIE handheld is
• Pressing the HotSync button will stop the data transfer.