Installation and wiring require technical expertise and experience. To ensure proper installation and safety, consult the dealer where the product was purchased. SANYO’S HELP-LINE Call the toll-free number below if you have any difficulties operating this product. 1-800-421-5013 (Weekdays 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Pacific Time)
• Sanyo and its suppliers are not responsible for damage or malfunction that arises from the failure to follow the instructions in this manual. Please be aware that the manufacturer’s warranty may be invalid if the procedures in this instruction manual are not followed properly.
• When installing this Rear View Back up Camera System to a vehicle equipped with air bags (The name differs depending on the manufacturer, such as SRS dual air bag, SRS side air bag, SRS curtain air bag), do not install this Rear View Back up Camera System or route its wiring where it affects operation of the air bag system.
• Route wiring properly according to the instructions. An incorrect connection might cause a fire or accident. • Be careful and prevent the wiring harness from being pinched between the vehicle body, screws, or moving parts such as the seat rails. It could cause an accident, electrocution, or fire due to an open or short circuit.
BEFORE USING THE REAR VIEW BACK UP CAMERA SYSTEM Regarding methods of use • The Rear View Back up Camera System is a devise designed only to assist the driver. The driver must take full precautions to confirm the safety and conditions around the vehicle. •...
ACCESSORIES AND HARDWARE Make sure all the following parts are included in the Rear View Back up Camera System kit. Rear view camera………1 pc. (with approx. 26.2 ft. long cable) ECU box……...….1 pc. (Electronic Control Unit box) Bracket (for camera)…1 pc. (with double sided tape) Cable clamp…10 pcs.
REAR VIEW BACK UP CAMERA SYSTEM OUTLINE Display mode Including the standard rear view image captured by the camera, a digitally corrected rear view, view-from-top, and standard rear view can be selected. Guide lines are indicated in order to assist the driver and assure safety when backing up.
CAUTIONS FOR CONNECTION CAUTION • Before connecting, disconnect the negative battery terminal. Connect the negative battery terminal after all other connections are completed. • Connection terminals and cables are differentiated by color. Make connections to the same colors. Make sure connectors are securely inserted until a click sound is heard. Incomplete connection may cause a distorted picture or operation errors.
CONNECTION Connect the cable according to the color and shape of the terminal Connect firmly to a metal part of vehicle (for grounding) Connect to the reverse signal cable of vehicle using self-lock conductor included with the Rear View Back up Camera System.
BEFORE INSTALLATION Rear View Back up Camera System Installation Cautions • Bundle cables with tape or string so that they do not obstruct driving. Cables that become entangled in the steering wheel, shift selector lever or brake pedal could cause an accident. •...
Determination of Camera Installation Position (example) • Temporarily adhering the camera with the tape, locate a suitable installation position by adjusting the camera angle so that the rear of the vehicle (bumper and other areas) is visible in the monitor. •...
• Mount the camera level with the vehicle and ground surface. 3. Install the camera to the bracket using the screws. Install the camera (SANYO logo facing upward) using the hexagon wrench included in the product package. Need help? Call 1-800-421-5013 •...
4. Adjust the camera angle so that the extreme rear end of the vehicle (bumper, rear window, and liftgate.) is displayed at the bottom of the monitor. Need help? Call 1-800-421-5013 • After adjusting the angle, tighten the screws with them seated at the lower end of the oblong holes in the bracket on each side.
7. Install the control switch in a position where it is easy to operate. Peel off the paper backing on the back of the control switch and attach it to a suitable position. CAUTION • Do not install the control switch in a position that obstructs vehicle operation.
CABLE ROUTING The following is an example when installing the camera on the rear spoiler. CAUTION • Route the cable so that it does not block or obstruct vehicle operation. • Route the rear view camera cable as far away from the vehicle antenna as possible to prevent noise interference with AM radio band reception.
3. Route the camera cable to the ECU box positioned inside the vehicle and clamp it using the cable clamps. Insert the cable into the slit provided in the waterproof pad and attach the waterproof pad to the weather strip on the vehicle at the point where the cable enters the vehicle.
GUIDE LINE ADJUSTMENT AFTER REAR VIEW CAMERA INSTALLATION The guide lines on the screen need to be aligned with the image taken from the rear view camera (and other reference items) so that the system is correctly matched to the vehicle. There are seven reference items to align including, View-from-top angle alignment...
Alignment Mode Turn the ignition switch to the ACC ON position while depressing the control switch. • Press and hold the control switch until the screen appears. View-from-top alignment screen appears. (Seven rectangles at top left indicate seven items to align.) If adjustment mode cannot be selected 1.
View-from-top angle alignment 1-1. Each time the control switch is pressed, the angle increases. Continuously pressing the control switch returns the alignment to the original angle. Set the parking space lines parallel to the lines on the screen. 1-2. Press and hold the control switch for more than two seconds.
View-from-top height alignment 3-1. Press the control switch to change to a higher or lower view-from-top. Select a view-from-top markers indicating the width of the vehicle can be seen better on the screen. 3-2. Press and hold the control switch for more than two seconds.
5. Right guide line alignment 5-1. Each time the control switch is pressed, the right guide line moves towards the center. Continuously pressing the control switch moves the guide line to its maximum right position. Set the right guide line to match the right-side marker of the vehicle.
7. 1.5 ft. guide line alignment 7-1. Each time the control switch is pressed, the 1.5 ft. guide line moves farther from the vehicle. Continuously pressing the control switch moves the line farther away until it exceeds a certain range and the line returns to the position closest to the vehicle.
REAR VIEW BACK UP CAMERA DISPLAY AND SWITCHING DISPLAY MODES Preparation prior to use Make sure the ignition switch is in the ON or ACC position. CAUTION • If the image turns off automatically after the guide line alignment, turn the ignition switch off, then to the ACC ON or ON position prior to the following procedure.