Vector Answer Memory
Whenever the result of a calculation executed in the VECTOR Mode is a
vector, the VctAns screen will appear with the result. The result also will be
assigned to a variable named "VctAns".
The VctAns variable can be used in calculations as described below.
• To insert the VctAns variable into a calculation, perform the following key
• Pressing any one of the following keys while the VctAns screen is displayed
will switch automatically to the calculation screen:
calculation screen will show the VctAns variable followed by the operator
for the key you pressed.
Assigning and Editing Vector Variable Data
Important: The following operations are not supported by the Vector Editor:
be input with the Vector Editor.
To assign new data to a vector variable:
select the vector variable to which you want to assign data.
2. On the next menu that appears, select dimension (
3. Use the Vector Editor that appears to input the elements of the vector.
To assign (2, –1, 2) to VctC
To edit the elements of a vector variable:
select the vector variable you want to edit.
2. Use the Vector Editor that appears to edit the elements of the vector.
• Move the cursor to the cell that contains the element you want to change,
input the new value, and then press
To copy vector variable (or VctAns) contents:
1. Use the Vector Editor to display the vector you want to copy.
• If you want to copy VctA, for example, perform the following key operation:
• If you want to copy VctAns contents, perform the following to display the
to specify the copy destination:
• This will display the Vector Editor with the contents of the copy
Vector Calculation Examples
The following examples use VctA = (1, 2) and VctB = (3, 4) from
(2, –1, 2) from
(STO). Pol, Rec, and multi-statements also cannot
(STO), and then perform one of the following key operations
. You can input a vector variable into a key operation by
(VECTOR) and then pressing one of the following number
(Dim), and then, on the menu that appears,
(Data), and then, on the menu that appears,
, and VctC =