EPSON RC+ 7.0 Option Part Feeding 7.0 Hopper & Hopper Controller Rev.5 Copyright 2020-2021 SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION. All rights reserved. Part Feeding 7.0 Hopper & Hopper Controller Rev.5...
FOREWORD Thank you for purchasing our robot system. This manual contains the information necessary for the correct use of the EPSON RC+ PartFeeding option. Please carefully read this manual and other related manuals before installing the robot system. Keep this manual handy for easy access at all times.
Table of Contents Hardware (Hopper) 1. Technical data 2. Safety instructions 3. Construction and function of the linear feeder 4. Transport and mounting 5. Starting 5.1 Adjustment ..................10 5.1.1 Adjusting the required running speed ......... 11 5.1.2 Adjusting the required running behavior or the synchronism of the linear feeder track..................
Table of Contents Hardware (Hopper Controller) 1. Technical data 1.1 Functional description ................ 19 1.2 Technical data ..................19 2. Safety notes 3. Information for starting 3.1 AC Power Cable ................22 3.2 Explanations on the term OPERATING MODE ........ 23 3.3 Switching over to a different mains voltage ........
1. Technical data 1. Technical data Hopper consists of a “Loading parts” on which parts to be put into the feeder are placed and a “Linear feeder” that generates vibration. Loading parts Linear feeder Linear feeder type SLL 400-400 SLL400-600 Dimensions L ×...
1. Technical data Number of spring assemblies Standard no. of springs 2 ×2,0 2 × 20 Number per spring assembly 3 × 3,0 4 × 3.0 Spring dimensions (mm) 70(56) × 40(18) 70(56) × 40(18) Length (gauge for boreholes) × width Spring size (mm) 2,0 und 3,0 2.0 and 3.0...
2. Safety instructions 2. Safety instructions The conception and production of our linear feeders has been carried out very carefully, in order to guarantee trouble-free and safe operation. You too can make an important contribution to job safety. Therefore, please read these short operating instructions completely before starting the machine.
2. Safety instructions Demands on the user - For all activities (operation, maintenance, repair, etc.) the details of the operating instructions must be observed. - The operator must avoid any working method which would impair the safety of the linear feeder. - The operator must take care that only authorized personnel works at the linear feeder.
2. Safety instructions Build a safety system that shuts off the Hopper power when the machine or mechanical system protection enclosure is opened. WARNING Attach protective equipment* to the power supply line to the hopper controller. WARNING *: fuse, shutting down equipment for wires (MCCB), etc. When removing hopper from the machine or machine system, after unplugging the main power plug of the machine or machine system, and disconnect cable connection between hopper and...
3. Construction and function of the linear feeder 3. Construction and function of the linear feeder Linear feeders are used for the actuation of conveying equipment. The actuation takes place by an electromagnet. The following schematic diagram shows the function of a linear feeder: The linear feeder is a device of the family of vibratory bowl feeders.
4. Transport and mounting 4. Transport and mounting Transport Take care that the linear feeder cannot dash against other things NOTE during transport. The weight of the linear feeder is taken from the table described in 1. Technical data. Mounting The linear feeder should be mounted on a stable substructure (available as an accessory part) at the place where it is used.
5. Starting 5. Starting Ensure that the frame (stand, base, frame etc.) is connected NOTE with the ground wire (PE). If necessary, prediction earthing on spot should be provided. Check, whether the linear feeder stands in an isolated position and does not come in securely with a solid body the linear track is screwed down and adjusted the connecting cable of the linear feeder is plugged in at the control unit.
5. Starting 5.1.1 Adjusting the required running speed In case the required running speed is not achieved with the standard spring assembly, the current adjustment range of the oscillating system must at first be found out, either natural frequency below 50 or 100 Hz or natural frequency above 50 or 100 Hz. For that one or two plates are dismounted from the movable counterweight for a trial.
5. Starting When changing the masses of counter and oscillating weights (installation or dismounting of counter or additional weights) NOTE the running speed or the natural frequency of the linear feeder is changed. If necessary leaf springs must be added or removed.
5. Starting 5.1.2 Adjusting the required running behavior or the synchronism of the linear feeder track In order to achieve synchronism of the linear feeder track, the spring angle must be adjusted the same as the gravity center angle. The gravity center angle is determined by the position of the two gravity centers of oscillating and counterweight.
5. Starting Spring angle is smaller than the gravity center angle The force direction of the springs is initiated behind the gravity center of the vibrator. Consequence: The height amplitude is smaller in the feeding area than in the discharge area. In case the angles are not the same, the conveying tracks are running unsteadily.
5. Starting The aim of the adjustment is: If the required conveying speed is achieved at a controller position of 80 %, the conveying speed must always increase when a weight plate is removed. Note that the number of spring assemblies varies from spring NOTE ...
6. Maintenance 6. Maintenance The linear feeders are generally maintenance-free. They should, however, be thoroughly cleaned in case they are considerably dirty or after fluids have been spilled over them. For that first unplug the mains plug. Clean the inside of the linear feeder, especially the magnetic gap. Magnetic Gap After the mains plug has been plugged in, the linear feeder is ready for operation again.
7. What to do, if... (Instructions for trouble-shooting) 7. What to do, if... (Instructions for trouble-shooting) The control unit or the connecting terminal box may only be opened by an electrician. Before opening the a.m. devices, the mains plug must be unplugged. WARNING In case the conveying track has no steady running speed or height amplitude, but at the discharge side a higher running speed or height amplitude than on the feeding side, the...
7. What to do, if... (Instructions for trouble-shooting) Owing to that the motion of projection cannot take place and in case of oily workpieces the adhesive power is higher than the projectile power, i. e. the workpiece cannot be lifted. In this case proceed as follows: Change the center of gravity angle (make it “steeper”), by displacing the counterweight “F”...
7. What to do, if... (Instructions for trouble-shooting) After a longer operating - Fastening screws of the - Retighten the screws linear track have worked time the linear feeder does loose no longer come up to the - Screws at one or two - Tighten the screws (For conveying capacity...
7. What to do, if... (Instructions for trouble-shooting) Part Feeding 7.0 Hopper & Hopper Controller Rev.5...
1. Technical data 1. Technical data 1.1 Functional description The compact design of the control unit can supply all control units up to a load current of 6 ampere. It is intended for individual installation directly at the oscillating drive and completely pluggable.
2. Safety notes 2. Safety notes The safety notes shall in any case be read and understood. Their observance secures the conservation of valuable material and avoids health impairment. Electric danger, eg. at work under voltage DANGER Work at electrical equipment of the machine/equipment may only be carried out by a qualified electrician or by trained personnel under direction and supervision of a qualified electrician according to the electronic regulations.
3. Information for starting Before detaching protective equipment* of the machine or machine system, unplug the main power plug of the machine or machine system, and turn off the power. WARNING *: fuse, shutting down equipment for wires (MCCB), etc. When detached protective equipment* of the machine or machine system, before turning on the power, attach protective equipment again.
3. Information for starting At initial starts or starts after repair work or exchange of control units/oscillating drives the minimum output should be set at the control unit before switching on the device. When bringing DANGER up the output it must be taken care for correct function. 3.1 AC Power Cable ■...
3. Information for starting 3.2 Explanations on the term OPERATING MODE Oscillating drives are mechanical spring vibrators, which, according to weight and/or size, are adjusted to an oscillating frequency near the mains frequency. Two operating modes are possible: 1. Asymmetrical half-wave operation the oscillating drive operates with mains frequency. 2.
3. Information for starting 3.4 Setting the minimum and maximum output voltage The control units have been adjusted in the factory at a reference drive. In special cases or after modifications a readjustment may become necessary. Here it must in any case be observed: The output voltage can only be measured with an oscillating drive being connected.
4. Plan showing the position of the operating elements on the boards 4. Plan showing the position of the operating elements on the boards When replacing the fuse the preset value of M 6,3 A is to be NOTE used in any case.