If the power light is blinking amber — The
computer has detected an error during POST.
There might be a problem with the system
board or the power supply. For assistance,
contact Dell (see "Contacting Dell" on
If you encounter interference that hinders
reception on your computer — An unwanted
signal is creating interference by interrupting
or blocking other signals. Some possible
causes of interference are:
• Power, keyboard, and mouse extension
• Too many devices connected to a power
• Multiple power strips connected to the
same electrical outlet.
If you receive an insufficient memory
• Save and close any open files and exit any
open programs you are not using to see if
that resolves the problem.
• See the software documentation for
minimum memory requirements. If
necessary, install additional memory
(see the Service Manual at
• Reseat the memory modules (see the
Service Manual at
support.dell.com/manuals) to ensure
that your computer is successfully
communicating with the memory.
• If the problem persists, contact Dell (see
"Contacting Dell" on page 57).