I M P O RTA N T S A F E T Y I N S T R U C T I O N S
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
followed to minimize the risk of fire or explosion, electric shock, or to prevent
property damage, personal injury, or loss of life.
BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following.
• Before use, the washer must be properly installed as
described in this manual.
• Do not wash articles that have been previously
cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or spotted with
gasoline, dry cleaning solvents, or other flammable
or explosive substances, as they give off vapors that
could ignite or explode.
• Do not add gasoline, dry cleaning solvents, or other
flammable or explosive substances to the wash
water. These substances give off vapors that could
ignite or explode.
• Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not been
used for 2 weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS
EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not been
used for such a period, before using the washer,
turn on all hot water faucets and let the water flow
from each for several minutes. This will release any
accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is flammable,
do not smoke or use an open flame during this time.
• Do not allow children to play on or in the washer.
Close supervision of children is necessary when the
washer is used near children.
• Before the washer is removed from service or
discarded, remove the door to prevent children from
• Do not install or store the washer where it will be
exposed to the weather or freezing temperatures.
This appliance must be grounded. In the event of malfunction or breakdown, grounding will reduce
the risk of electric shock by providing a path of least resistance for electric current. This appliance is
equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and grounding plug. The plug must
be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all
local codes and ordinances.
of electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or serviceman if you are in doubt as to whether the
appliance is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance. If it does not fit the
outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician. Failure to follow these warnings can cause
serious injury, fire, electrical shock, or death.
For your safety, the information in this manual must be
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using this
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in risk
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not repair or replace any part of the washer or
attempt any servicing other than as described in this
manual. We strongly recommend that any service be
performed by a qualified individual.
• See Installation Instructions for grounding
• ALWAYS follow the fabric care instructions
supplied by the garment manufacturer.
• Do not place items exposed to cooking oil in your
washer. Items contaminated with cooking oils may
contribute to a chemical reaction that could cause a
load to catch fire.
• Use fabric softeners or products to eliminate static
only as recommended by the manufacturer.
• This washer is not designed for maritime use or for
mobile installations such as in RVs, aircraft, etc.
• Turn off the water taps and unplug the washer if the
machine is to be left for an extended period of time,
such as during vacations.
• Packaging material can be dangerous for children.
There is a risk of suffocation! Keep all packaging
• Always check the inside of the washer for foreign
objects before loading laundry. Keep the door closed
when not in use.