T RO U B L E S H O OT I N G
NORMAL SOUNDS YOU MAY HEAR
The following sounds may be heard while the
washer is operating. They are normal.
Door lock relay when the door locks and unlocks.
Spraying or hissing:
Water spraying or circulating during the cycle.
BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE
Your washing machine is equipped with an automatic error-monitoring system to detect and diagnose
problems at an early stage. If your washer does not function properly or does not function at all, check the
following before you call for service.
• Foreign objects, such as
keys, coins, or safety pins,
may be in drum or pump.
• Heavy wash loads may
produce a thumping sound.
• Washer load may be out
• Shipping bolts and/or
packaging materials not
• Wash load may be unevenly
distributed in the drum.
• Not all leveling feet are resting
firmly on the floor.
• Floor not rigid enough.
• Fill hose connection is loose
at tap or washer.
• House drain pipes are
• Too much detergent or
• Laundry products added to
• Washer not unloaded
• Clothes not properly sorted.
Humming or gurgling:
Drain pump pumping water from the washer at
the end of a cycle.
Clothes tumbling in the drum during the wash
and rinse cycles.
• Stop washer and check drum and drain filter for
foreign objects. If noise continues after washer is
restarted, call for service.
• This is normal. If sound continues, washer is
probably out of balance. Stop and redistribute
• Stop and redistribute wash load.
• See Installation Instructions for removing shipping
bolts and packaging.
• Stop washer and rearrange wash load.
• Adjust the leveling feet. Make sure all four feet are in
firm contact with the floor while the washer is in the
spin cycle with a load.
• Make sure that the floor is solid and does not flex.
Refer to "Flooring" in the Installation section.
• Check hoses. Check and tighten hose connections.
• Unclog drain pipe. Contact a plumber if necessary.
• Reduce detergent amount or use low-sudsing
Only use detergent with the HE
• Load laundry products into the dispenser.
• Always remove items from the washer as soon as the
cycle is complete.
• Always wash dark colors separately from light colors
and whites to prevent discoloration. If possible, do
not wash heavily soiled items with lightly soiled ones.