EPSON Stylus Photo 1200
You must remove the yellow tape seal from the
cartridge top or you will permanently damage it.
6. Load the ink cartridges as shown with the labels facing up
and toward the back of the printer. Then press down the
clamps until they lock into place.
If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with
soap and water. If ink gets in your eyes, flush them
immediately with water.
7. Press the R cleaning button to begin charging the ink
delivery system, then close the printer cover.
Charging takes about a minute. The P power light flashes
and the printer makes noise until it's finished.
Don't turn off the printer or interrupt the charging process
or it will start over, using more ink than necessary.
Charging is finished when the P power light stops flashing
and stays on.
Never turn off the printer while the
flashing, unless the printer hasn't moved or made any
noise for more than 5 minutes.
6 - EPSON Stylus Photo 1200
power light is
1. Open the output tray extensions. Slide the left edge guide
right until it is a little wider than your paper.
2. Load a stack of plain paper and slide it against the right edge
guide. Then slide the left edge guide against the paper's left
edge. Don't load paper higher than the arrow on the guide.
Load paper only
up to this arrow
Testing the Printer
You can run a printer operation check to determine whether
the problem comes from the printer itself or some other
source. If the test pattern page prints, the problem most likely
lies in your software or application settings, the interface
cable, or your computer. If the test pattern page does not print
correctly, you may have a problem with your printer.
1. Make sure both the printer and computer are turned off.
2. Disconnect the interface cable from the printer.
3. Make sure paper is loaded in the printer.
4. Hold down the E load/eject button, then press and release
the Ppower button. Continue holding down the
E load/eject button until the Ppower light starts to flash,
then release it.
The printer prints its ROM version number, an ink counter
code, and a nozzle check pattern.
5. To end the check, turn off the printer. Then reconnect the
interface cable and turn on your printer and computer.
Slide paper against
the right edge guide