1. CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY Hereby we declare that the following products: Linear amplifier HLV-250, HLV-350, HLV-400, HLV-550, HLV-800, HLV- 950, HLV-1000, HLV-1100, HLV-1950 and HLV-2000 fully meet all technical specifications according to EU directives as: 06/95/EC, 2004/108/EC and 99/5/EC: EN 301 783-1 V1.1.1 (2000-09), EN 301 783-2 V1.1.1 (2000-09 EN 301 489-1 V1.6.1 (2005-09), EN 301 489-15 V1.2.1 (2002-08)
The suffix indicates the RF drive level. 3. Safety instructions Please be aware of the following before use: Caution! This device is generating high frequency energy with high power which is highly dangerous in case of improper connection and use. Mains connection is only allowed to sockets including a rules compliant PE connection.
4. Electrical connections In order to guarantee trouble free operation you should observe the following instructions: 1. The device is only permitted for operation with mains voltages of 180 – 260 Volts AC and frequencies between 50 - 60 Hz. Operation at 100 – 130 VAC 50/60 Hz is generally possible but with lowered specifications.
5. Warranty Congratulations for purchasing a BEKO power amplifier. This solid state device uses the latest circuit design techniques and features high quality “Made in Germany” precision assembly. This unit meets the latest CE conformity and FCC rules.
“ON”-LED. It takes approx. 5 seconds until the internal supply voltage rises up to 50 VDC and releases PTT operation. The HLV-2000 has an integrated pfc- controlled switched power supply with an efficiency of > 96%. The total mains power consumption @ 2.000 watts into a 50 ohms load is <2.900 watts.
The HLV-2000 operation is internally monitored by many highly efficient protection circuits. If any limit is exceeded the device shuts off. If any protection circuit is activated the red “PROTECTION”-LED illuminates as well as one of the three protection circuit LEDs “ANTENNA”, “OVERDRIVE”...
8. Transmit operation The RX/TX-switching is activated by applying zero volts or ground to the “PTT” or pin 6 of the “CONTROL”-jack on the rear panel. This will be indicated by the illuminated green “PTT”-LED. On most transceivers, a ground on transmit will be supplied separately by an accessory output on their rear panel.
9. REMOTE control This amplifier can also be remote controlled. RESET- , PREAMP- and PTT- function can easily be activated by an external switch wired to ground. Output power can be monitored. 100% of output power is equal to 10V DC on Pin 5. Use the 7-pin DIN plug that was delivered with your amplifier and connect the other end to a suitable connector to your transceiver or other switching unit.
10. Cooling technique The integrated axial blowers are temperature controlled and provide sufficient cooling during long time operation at full output power with minimum noise level. During the TX period the airflow through the RF box is increased by higher speed of the cavity blower which is noticeable by a slight noise increase. Especially during long term operation with MS or WSJT this is essential for avoiding rapid temperature rise of balun and output filter coils.
11. Block diagram 12. Adjustment of protection thresholds...
In some cases the default adjustments are too sensitive and need some slight correction. In the picture below all trimpots incl. their functions are shown. Turning the slots clockwise is equal to + or upward direction and verse vice. Readjustment should be done very carefully otherwise the effect of protection is cancelled.