Reinstalling device drivers using Application Recovery CD(s)
Logon to go to the Windows
Insert Application Recovery CD #1 into the optical disc drive. The VAIO welcome window appears. Click OK, then
click Quit to close the Sony Application Recovery utility.
Without removing the Application Recovery CD from the optical drive, click Start in the Windows taskbar and then
right-click My Computer. A shortcut menu appears.
Click Properties. The System Properties dialog box appears.
From the Hardware tab, click the Device Manager button.
Right-click to select the unknown device or the device that requires the driver installation and click Update Driver
from the shortcut menu. The Hardware Update Wizard appears.
Click to select the option, Install from a list or specific location (Advanced). Click Next.
Click to cancel the option, Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM...).
Select the check box for Include this location in the search and click Browse. The Browse for Folder dialog box
10. Navigate to the optical drive and click to select the Application Recovery CD. The CD contents are displayed.
11. Click to open the drivers folder and click the folder for the device you want to reinstall.
12. Click OK to return to the Hardware Update Wizard. Click Next.
13. Select the device folder, and click Next.
14. Click Finish and remove the Application Recovery CD from the optical drive.
15. Click Start in the Windows taskbar, select Turn Off Computer. The Turn Off Computer dialog box appears.
16. Select the Turn Off option.
17. Wait 30 seconds, and turn on your computer.
Your system includes one or more Application Recovery CDs. Insert Application Recovery CD #1, to start the application
or driver recovery process. You are prompted to insert the next CD(s), depending on the software application or driver you
wish to restore.
XP operating system automatically reinstalls the device driver(s) from the Application