Chapter 7. Help and support
Frequently asked questions
How do I access Control Panel?
How do I turn off my computer?
How do I partition my storage
What do I do if my computer
What do I do if I spill liquid on the
How do I enter the UEFI BIOS
Where can I get the latest device
drivers and UEFI BIOS?
© Copyright Lenovo 2021
Type Control Panel in the Windows search box and then press Enter.
Open the Start menu and click
1. Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off. Then, restart
2. If step 1 does not work:
• For models with an emergency reset hole: Insert a straightened paper clip
into the emergency reset hole to cut off power supply temporarily. Then,
restart the computer with ac power connected.
• For models without an emergency reset hole:
– For models with the removable battery, remove the removable battery
and disconnect all power sources. Then, reconnect to ac power and
restart the computer.
– For models with the built-in battery, disconnect all power sources.
Press and hold the power button for about seven seconds. Then,
reconnect to ac power and restart the computer.
1. Carefully unplug the ac power adapter and turn off the computer immediately.
The more quickly you stop the current from passing through the computer the
more likely you will reduce damage from short circuits.
Attention: Although you might lose some data or work by turning off the
computer immediately, leaving the computer on might make your computer
2. Do not try to drain out the liquid by turning over the computer. If your
computer has keyboard drainage holes on the bottom, the liquid will be
drained out through the holes.
3. Wait until you are certain that all the liquid is dry before turning on your
Restart the computer. When the logo screen is displayed, press F1 to enter the
UEFI BIOS menu.
• From the Vantage app. See "Install a Windows operating system and drivers"
on page 34 and "Update UEFI BIOS" on page 31.
• Download from Lenovo Support Web site at
Power. Then, click Shut down.