Pioneer G-9 Plasma Models Firmware update procedure.
A. Applicable Pioneer and Elite HDTV models:
PDP-5020FD, PDP-6020FD, PRO-111FD & PRO-151FD
Confirm firmware version :
To determine if the new firmware update has already been
installed, please power on the television and do the following:
1. With the television on, press the Home menu button on the
remote control. See the figure on the right for this and the
following steps for the location of the remote buttons.
2. Press the Down arrow button to select "Setup". Then, press
the Enter button.
3. Press the Down arrow button to select "System Setup".
Then, press the Enter button.
4. Press the Up arrow button to select "Technical Info.". Then,
press the Enter button.
5. The software version information will display on the
television screen as shown in Figure 1. If the current
software version displayed on the screen is less than 0907-
0401, the firmware update needs to be performed, If it is
larger than 0907-0401, the firmware update does not need
to be performed.
C. Firmware Update Instructions:
Refer to Figure 2 for LED location and color status.
**Important - Please read before proceeding to
software update instructions.
Do not operate the remote control, side keys
on HDTV or turn off the AC power during
The Orange (SLEEP) LED flashing indicates that
the HDTV has detected an error. If this occurs,
the updating operation is aborted. Count the
number of times the Orange LED flashes and
refer to the table on the next page for more details.
1. After you have downloaded the firmware update Zip
file, locate it on your computer and decompress it. A
W09070401" will be created.
2. Open the folder and there will be a folder named
3. Copy the "update" folder to the root directory of a
USB flash drive.
4. Turn the HDTV on and wait until the Blue LED stays
on and is not blinking.
5. Unplug the AC power cord.
6. Insert the USB flash drive into the USB slot on the left
side of HDTV.
7. Plug in the AC power cord.
The Red (STANDBY) LED flashes once and then turns
The Blue (ON) LED turns on and stays on for
approximately 30 seconds.
The Orange (SLEEP) LED turns on. Then Blue (ON)
LED turns off and then Red (STANDBY) LED turns on.
With Orange (SLEEP) LED still on, the Blue (ON) and
Red (STANDBY) LEDs start flashing alternately.
8. Wait for the firmware update process to complete. This
should take about 10 minutes. The Orange (SLEEP) LED
will turn off after the firmware update process has
Note: Blue (ON) and Red (SLEEP) LEDs continue to
flash after the Orange (SLEEP) LED turns off.
9. Unplug the AC power cord and then remove the USB
Continue to the next page
Software Version : 0907-0401
Hardware Version :
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc
Date : 02/23/2011 Rev: PSE9GFW1.9
LED located on the
lower left corner of
CRM Div, SE Depart