Read this first Thank you for choosing ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1! We are dedicated to delivering the best solution to you. Important information about OLED screen and folio cover Do not scratch the screen with glass, tweezers, or any other hard or sharp objects that are not recommended to use with the ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1.
Chapter 1. Welcome Enjoy your tour with ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1, the world’s first foldable OLED PC. Your ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1 features the following: • Foldable OLED screen for superior image quality • Genuine leather folio cover with integrated kickstand •...
– USB-C to VGA: 1900 x 1200 pixels, 60 Hz – USB-C to DP: 3840 x 2160 pixels, 60 Hz • Connect to USB-C accessories to help expand your computer functionality. To purchase USB-C accessories, go to https://www.lenovo.com/accessories User Guide...
Features and specifications Maximum heat output 65 W (222 Btu/hr) (depending on the model) Power source (ac power • Sine-wave input at 50 Hz to 60 Hz adapter) • Input rating of the ac power adapter: 100 V to 240 V ac, 50 Hz to 60 Hz To view the microprocessor information of your computer, tap and hold the Start Microprocessor button and then tap System.
USB device Data rate (Gbit/s) 3.2 Gen 1 / 3.1 Gen 1 3.2 Gen 2 / 3.1 Gen 2 3.2 Gen 2 × 2 User Guide...
Work with the foldable screen Your foldable PC features the following modes. Switch between different modes to experience the most of the 4-in-1 foldable PC. Mode Recommended scenario(s) • Giving presentations Landscape mode • Watching movies • Multi-tasking Mini clamshell mode •...
Split-screen function The split-screen function allows you to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in different areas of the computer screen. Select one of following methods of your preference: • Tap the desktop splitter icon in the task bar to switch between split-screen view and full-screen view as shown.
• Slightly fold the computer or open it flat to switch between split-screen view and full-screen view as shown. Every time you slightly fold the computer or open it flat, a pop-up window will be displayed on your screen. Choose a preferred layout based on the pop-up messages. Note: When you slightly fold the computer or open it flat to switch the screen layout, you can customize the screen behaviors by long pressing desktop splitter icon.
1. Turn off the computer. If a nano-SIM card is installed, skip step 1 to 3. 2. Install a nano-SIM card as shown. 3. Turn on the computer. 4. Tap the network icon in the Windows notification area, and then select the cellular network icon from the list.
Tap once to single click Tap twice quickly to double-click Tap and hold to right-click Slide to scroll through items Zoom out Zoom in Swipe from the right: open action center Swipe from the left: view all open windows Drag Swipe downwards shortly: show title bar Swipe downwards: close the current app User Guide...
Wireless keyboard (for selected models) Your foldable PC might come with the Lenovo Fold Mini Keyboard (model: TK008), a wireless, magnetic keyboard with touchpad. Use the keyboard to work more easily and effectively. The keyboard is available as an option. You can purchase one from Lenovo at https://www.lenovo.com/...
Keyboard overview 1 Pen loop: Store Lenovo Mod Pen or Lenovo Pen Pro if available. 2 Special keys • Press F1–F12 key to invoke the special function printed as an icon on each key.
• Press Fn Key and F1–F12 key simultaneously to invoke the standard function of F1–F12 function keys. Enable / disable speakers Decrease / increase volume Enable / disable microphones Darken / brighten display Manage external displays Open or collapse the notification center Open Windows Settings Lock the screen Open Bluetooth settings...
6 Touchpad: Performs basic finger touch functions, such as left-click, right-click, and two-finger scroll. Charge the keyboard Wireless charging (for selected models) Put your foldable PC in the mini clamshell mode with the camera side upward, and then attach the keyboard to the magnetic side as shown.
The LED indicator is in solid amber during charging and is solid green when the keyboard is fully charged. Chapter 2 Let’s get started...
Lenovo Mod Pen (for selected models) The Lenovo Mod pen (a rechargeable stylus pen) enables you to write and draw in a natural and precise manner. To purchase the pen, go to https://www.lenovo.com/accessories Note: The default function of each barrel button might vary in different apps.
• Do not use or store the pen in a place where excessive changes in temperature may occur such as in a car. Lenovo Pen Pro (for selected models) The Lenovo Pen Pro (a rechargeable stylus pen) enables you to write and draw in a natural manner. To purchase the pen, go to https://www.lenovo.com/accessories Note: The color of the pen might vary by country or region.
• The default function of each barrel button might vary in different apps. • To customize the barrel button functions, use Lenovo Pen Settings. If Lenovo Pen Settings is not installed on your computer, download and install the latest WinTab driver from https://support.lenovo.com...
The Lenovo Powered USB-C Travel Hub provides quick and easy connections between your computer and computer accessories. The Lenovo Powered USB-C Travel Hub is available as an option and shipped with some computer models. You can purchase one from Lenovo at https://www.lenovo.com/accessories...
USB-C to audio Connect speakers, headphones, or a headset to your foldable PC through a USB-C to audio cable. Your foldable PC does not come with a USB-C to audio cable. To purchase one from Lenovo, go to https:// www.lenovo.com/accessories USB-C to Ethernet To connect your foldable PC to a local network, a USB-C to Ethernet adapter is needed.
Set the display mode Open the Start menu, and then tap Settings ➙ System ➙ Display. Then, follow the instructions on the screen. If your foldable PC comes with a Lenovo Fold Mini Keyboard, press and then select a display mode of your preference.
You can change the settings for both the computer display and the external display. For example, you can define which one is the main display and which one is the secondary display. You also can change the resolution and orientation. User Guide...
• Open the Start menu and tap Lenovo Voice. • Type Lenovo Voice in the search box. • Tap Windows key + alt + V on the On-Screen Keyboard, or press Windows key + alt + V on the Lenovo Fold Mini Keyboard if available.
To mitigate image retention, Lenovo Display Refresh reminds you to refresh your OLED display. During refreshment, Lenovo Display Refresh automatically adjusts the uniformity of the OLED screen. To download the latest version of Lenovo Display Refresh, go to Microsoft Store and search by the app name.
• Know the device status easily and customize device settings. • Download and install UEFI BIOS, firmware, and driver updates to keep your computer up-to-date. • Look up warranty status (online). • Access User Guide and helpful articles. Notes: • The available features vary depending on the computer model. •...
To reset the power button function: 1. Tap and hold the battery status icon and select Power Options ➙ Choose what the power buttons 2. Change the settings as you prefer. Set dark/light theme mode By default, your computer comes in dark theme mode to help extend battery capacity retention. To switch between dark and light theme mode, do the following: 1.
• Do not use fingernails, gloved fingers, or other incompatible objects for touch input. Use clean fingers or an approved pen such as Lenovo Mod Pen or Lenovo Pen Pro. • When folding the ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1, do not place any objects between the folded computer except the Lenovo Fold Mini Keyboard.
The system management password can also protect the system information stored in UEFI BIOS like a supervisor password, but it has lower authority by default. The system management password can be set through the UEFI BIOS menu or through Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) with the Lenovo client-management interface.
4. In the Changes have been saved window, tap Continue. 5. Tap F10 to save changes and exit the UEFI BIOS menu. • If you have not set a supervisor password or a system management password, contact a Lenovo authorized service provider to have the power-on password removed.
4. In the Changes have been saved window, tap Continue. 5. Tap F10 to save changes and exit the UEFI BIOS menu. • If you have not set a supervisor password, contact a Lenovo authorized service provider to have the system management password removed.
• Open Commercial Vantage to check the available update packages. If the latest UEFI BIOS update package is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the package. • Go to https://pcsupport.lenovo.com and select the entry for your computer. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest UEFI BIOS update package.
Windows recovery programs are damaged. If you did not create a recovery USB drive as a precautionary measure, you can contact Lenovo Customer Support Center and purchase one from Lenovo. For a list of the Lenovo Support phone numbers for your country or region, go to: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/supportphonelist Create a recovery USB drive Attention: The creation process deletes anything stored on the USB drive.
Microsoft constantly makes updates to the Windows 10 operating system. Before installing a particular Windows 10 version, check the compatibility list for the Windows version. For details, go to https:// support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/windows-support Attention: • It is recommended that you update your operating system through official channels. Any unofficial update might cause security risks.
• Open Commercial Vantage to check the available update packages. Select the update packages you want, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the packages. • Go to https://pcsupport.lenovo.com and select the entry for your computer. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install necessary drivers and software.
Error messages If you see a message that is not included in the following table, record the error message first, then shut down the computer and call Lenovo for help. See “Lenovo Customer Support Center” on page 41. Message Solution The computer turned off because the battery power is low.
• Setup Guide screen instructions to filter out the documentation you want. • This User Guide • Regulatory Notice Lenovo Support Web site with the latest support information of the following: • Drivers and software • Diagnostic solutions https://pcsupport.lenovo.com • Product and service warranty •...
• Nano-SIM-card tray * * for selected models Call Lenovo If you have tried to correct the problem yourself and still need help, you can call Lenovo Customer Support Center. Before you contact Lenovo Prepare the following before you contact Lenovo:...
• Changes, modifications, or upgrades to device drivers • Installation and maintenance of network operating systems (NOS) • Installation and maintenance of programs For the terms and conditions of the Lenovo Limited Warranty that apply to your Lenovo hardware product, go to: •...
Protect yourself from the heat generated by the ac power adapter. When the ac power adapter is connected to an electrical outlet and your computer, it generates heat. Extended contact with your body, even through clothing, may cause a skin burn. •...
Customer Support Center for further guidance. For a list of Service and Support phone numbers, see the following Web site: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/supportphonelist Frequently inspect your computer and its components for damage, wear, or signs of danger. If you have any question about the condition of a component, do not use the product. Contact the Customer Support Center or the product manufacturer for instructions on how to inspect the product and have it repaired, if necessary.
Note: If you notice these conditions with a product (such as an extension cord) that is not manufactured for or by Lenovo, stop using that product until you can contact the product manufacturer for further instructions, or until you get a suitable replacement.
When replacing CRUs, be cautious of sharp edges or corners that might cause injury. If you suffer an injury, seek medical care immediately. Power cords and power adapters DANGER Use only the power cords and power adapters supplied by the product manufacturer. The power cords shall be safety approved.
Plugs and outlets DANGER If a receptacle (power outlet) that you intend to use with your computer equipment appears to be damaged or corroded, do not use the outlet until it is replaced by a qualified electrician. Do not bend or modify the plug. If the plug is damaged, contact the manufacturer to obtain a replacement.
Batteries supplied by Lenovo for use with your product have been tested for compatibility and should only be replaced with approved parts. A battery other than the one specified by Lenovo, or a disassembled or modified battery is not covered by the warranty.
Heat and product ventilation DANGER Computers, ac power adapters, and many accessories can generate heat when turned on and when batteries are charging. Notebook computers can generate a significant amount of heat due to their compact size. Always follow these basic precautions: •...
Electrical current safety information DANGER Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid a shock hazard: • Do not use your computer during a lightning storm. • Do not connect or disconnect any cables or perform installation, maintenance, or reconfiguration of this product during an electrical storm.
2 can be dangerous due to excessive sound pressure levels. If your Lenovo computer came with headphones or earphones in the packaging, as a set, the combination of the headphones or earphones and the computer already complies with the specifications of EN 50332-1. If different headphones or earphones are used, ensure that they comply with EN 50332-1 (Clause 6.5...
Glass parts notice CAUTION: Some parts of your product may be made of glass. This glass could break if the product is dropped on a hard surface or receives a substantial impact. If glass breaks, do not touch or attempt to remove it. Stop using your product until the glass is replaced by trained service personnel.
• When picking up your open computer, hold it by the bottom. Do not pick up or hold your computer by the display. • Only an authorized Lenovo repair technician should disassemble and repair your computer. • Do not modify or tape the latches to keep the display open or closed.
This chapter provides information about accessibility and ergonomics. Accessibility information Lenovo is committed to providing users who have hearing, vision, and mobility limitations with greater access to information and technology. This section provides information about the ways these users can get the most out of their computer experience.
High Contrast is a feature that heightens the color contrast of some text and images on your screen. As a result, those items are more distinct and easier to identify. • Personalized keyboard Adjust keyboard settings to make your keyboard easier to use. For example, you can use your keyboard to control the pointer and make the keyboard easier to type certain key combinations.
Your computer provides industry-standard connectors that enable you to connect assistive devices. Documentation in accessible formats Lenovo provides electronic documentation in accessible formats, such as properly tagged PDF files or HyperText Markup Language (HTML) files. Lenovo electronic documentation is developed to ensure that visually impaired users can read the documentation through a screen reader.
Many product solutions are available to help you modify and expand your computer to best suit your needs. You can find some of these options at https://www.lenovo.com/accessories Explore your options for docking solutions and external products that provide the adjustability and features that you want.
This computer contains integrated wireless cards that operate within the guidelines identified by radio frequency (RF) safety standards and recommendations; therefore, Lenovo believes that this product is safe for use by consumers. These standards and recommendations reflect the consensus of the worldwide scientific community, and result from deliberations of panels and committees of scientists, who continually review and interpret the extensive research literature.
The full text of the system EU declaration of conformity is available at: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/compliance/eu-doc Lenovo cannot accept responsibility for any failure to satisfy the protection requirements resulting from a non-recommended modification of the product, including the installation of option cards from other manufacturers.
Lenovo encourages owners of information technology (IT) equipment to responsibly recycle their equipment when it is no longer needed. Lenovo offers a variety of programs and services to assist equipment owners in recycling their IT products. For information about recycling Lenovo products, go to: https://www.lenovo.com/recycling...
Collect and recycle a disused Lenovo computer or monitor If you are a company employee and need to dispose of a Lenovo computer or monitor that is the property of the company, you must do so in accordance with the Law for Promotion of Effective Utilization of Resources.
If you need to replace it with a new one, contact your place of purchase or contact Lenovo for service. If you need to dispose of a disused lithium battery, insulate it with vinyl tape, contact your place of purchase or an industrial-waste-disposal operator, and follow their instructions.
If the battery needs to be replaced, contact your place of purchase or contact Lenovo for service. If you need to dispose of a lithium battery, insulate it with vinyl tape, contact your place of purchase or a waste-disposal operator, and follow their instructions.
European Union RoHS This Lenovo product, with included parts (cables, cords, and so on) meets the requirements of Directive 2011/65/EU on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment ("RoHS recast" or "RoHS 2").
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity The following information refers to ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1, machine types: 20RK and 20RL. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. • Consult an authorized dealer or service representative for help. Lenovo is not responsible for any radio or television interference caused by using other than recommended cables and connectors or by unauthorized changes or modifications to this equipment. Unauthorized changes or modifications could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Klasse B. Dieses Gerät ist berechtigt, in Übereinstimmung mit dem Deutschen EMVG das EG-Konformitätszeichen - CE - zu führen. Verantwortlich für die Konformitätserklärung nach Paragraf 5 des EMVG ist die Lenovo (Deutschland) GmbH, Meitnerstr. 9, D-70563 Stuttgart. Japan VCCI Class B compliance statement...
Machine types 20RK and 20RL • ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1 • TP00122A • ThinkPad X1 Fold Gen 1 5G • TP00122A1 * * for BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) second battery only The latest compliance information is available at: https://www.lenovo.com/compliance...
Energy aimed at saving money and protecting the environment through energy efficient products and practices. Lenovo is proud to offer products with the ENERGY STAR certified designation. Lenovo computers, if carry an ENERGY STAR mark, have been designed and tested to conform to the ENERGY STAR program requirements for computers as prescribed by the U.S.
Lenovo encourages you to make efficient use of energy an integral part of your day-to-day operations. To help in this endeavor, Lenovo has preset a default power plan. To change the power plan, see “Change the power settings” on page 25.
Lenovo representative for information on the products and services currently available in your area. Any reference to a Lenovo product, program, or service is not intended to state or imply that only that Lenovo product, program, or service may be used. Any functionally equivalent product, program, or service that does not infringe any Lenovo intellectual property right may be used instead.
Actual results may vary. Users of this document should verify the applicable data for their specific environment. This document is copyrighted by Lenovo and is not covered by any open source license, including any Linux agreement(s) which may accompany software included with this product. Lenovo may update this document at any time without notice.