Replacing the Thermocouple
1. Remove the manifold assembly as directed previously.
2. Remove the retainer clip from the back of the two piece
wire connector and remove the two piece wire connec-
tor from the manifold door (Figure 25).
3. Pull the thermocouple from the pilot assembly (Figure
IMPORTANT: Be careful not to bend or alter the position of
the pilot assembly components.
4. Push the new thermocouple through the holes in the pi-
lot bracket. Insert the thermocouple tube into the holes
provided in the pilot assembly until it clicks into place.
5. Position the new thermocouple through the larger
opening of the two piece wire connector (Figure 25). Be
sure igniter wire is positioned through the small open-
ing of the two piece wire connector.
6. See Replacing the Manifold Assembly.
Two Piece Wire
Pilot T ube
External Inspection & Cleaning of the
Although not likely to occur, if debris collects on the flame-
trap, use a vacuum, compressed air, or a soft bristle brush
to remove it. NOTE: If unable to inspect or clean the flame
trap from underneath, follow the "Cleaning the Combustion
Chamber and Flame-trap" instructions.
Flame-trap visual inspection
Cleaning the Combustion Chamber and
1. Follow procedure outlined in "Removing the Manifold
2. Use a vacuum cleaner/shop vac to remove all loose
debris in the combustion chamber (Figure 28A). Use
compressed air to clear any dust or debris that may
have accumulated in the flame-trap.
3. Reassemble following the procedure under "Replacing
the Manifold Assembly".