Cooktop/Oven Temperature Controls
Do not let the burner flame extend beyond the
edge of the pan.
Turn off all controls when not cooking.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in
death or fire.
Electric igniters automatically light the surface burners when
control knobs are turned to LITE.
Before setting a control knob, place filled cookware on the grate.
Do not operate a burner using empty cookware or without
cookware on the grate.
To Set Burner Temperature:
1. Push in and turn knob counterclockwise to LITE.
All four surface burners will click. Only the burner with the
control knob turned to LITE will produce a flame.
2. Turn knob anywhere between HIGH and LOW. The clicking
will stop. Use the following chart as a guide when setting heat
To Set Oven Temperature:
Push in and turn oven control knob to desired temperature
Light the burner.
Start food cooking.
Bring liquid to a boil.
Hold a rapid boil.
Quickly brown or sear food.
Fry or sauté foods.
Cook soups, sauces and gravies.
Stew or steam foods.
Keep food warm.
Melt chocolate or butter.
In case of prolonged power failure, the surface burners can be
lighted manually. Hold a lighted match near a burner and turn
knob counterclockwise to LITE. After burner lights, turn knob to
REMEMBER: When range is in use or (on some
models) during the Self-Cleaning cycle, the entire
cooktop area may become hot.
(on some models)
LIGHTING STANDING PILOTS
Before the range is used, standing pilot must be lighted. It will
stay lighted even after the burners are turned off.
To Light Surface Burner Pilots:
1. Make sure all controls are turned off.
2. Remove the surface grates from cooktop.
3. Place a lighted match through small holes located between
the front and rear burners on cooktop. The pilot flame should
be seen through each pilot hole.
4. Replace cooktop grates.
To Light Oven Pilot:
1. Make sure the oven temperature control knob is turned off.
2. Open the broiler door.
3. Remove broiler pan and grid.
4. Hold a lighted match over the oven burner pilot located at the
rear of the burner. To make lighting the pilot easier, use a long
5. After the oven burner pilot is burning steadily, check the
burner lighting by turning the oven temperature control knob
to a temperature at or above 250°F (121°C). The burner will
take 50 to 60 seconds to light.
6. Replace the broiler pan and grid and close broiler door.