Cleaning and Disinfecting the Ultrasound System
Complete instructions, including warnings and cautions, for cleaning and disinfecting
your ultrasound system are available in the Instructions for Use for your system.
▪ ACUSON Sequoia
▪ ACUSON Redwood
▪ ACUSON Juniper
▪ ACUSON P500
▪ To avoid electric shock and damage to the system, always power off and disconnect
the equipment from the AC power source before cleaning and disinfecting.
▪ The use of any disinfectants other than those specified in the Instructions for Use may
damage the ultrasound system and accessory surfaces and, as a result, may create
electrical hazards for the patients and/or users.
▪ Do not clean the system with chlorinated or aromatic solvents, acidic or basic
solutions, isopropyl alcohol or strong cleaners such as ammoniated products, as these
can damage the surface of the system. Use the recommended cleaning procedure.
Isopropyl alcohol exception: It is acceptable to use isopropyl alcohol only when
recommended for cleaning the trackball assembly; refer to the Instructions for Use for
your ultrasound system.
▪ Do not use spray cleaners on the ultrasound system as this may force cleaning fluid
into the system and damage electronic components. It is also possible for the solvent
fumes to build up and form flammable gases or damage internal components.
▪ Do not pour any fluid onto the ultrasound system surfaces, as fluid seepage into the
electrical circuitry may cause excessive leakage current or system failure.
▪ To avoid the possibility of static shock and damage to the ultrasound system, avoid the
use of aerosol spray cleaners on the monitor screens.
▪ Prior to cleaning or disinfecting the system, you must disconnect and remove
transducers from the ultrasound system. Unintended contact with disinfectants
approved only for use with the system can result in damage to the transducers.
▪ ACUSON S Family
▪ ACUSON SC2000
▪ ACUSON NX2 and ACUSON NX2 Elite
▪ ACUSON NX3 and ACUSON NX3 Elite
▪ ACUSON Freestyle
685 East Middlefield Road
Mountain View, California 94043
Tel.: (650) 969 - 9112
Fax: (650) 968 - 2217