• Your washing machine is equipped with an automatic error-monitoring system to detect and
diagnose problems at an early stage. If your washing machine does not function properly or does not
function at all, check the following before you call for service:
Foreign objects such as coins
or safety pins may be in drum
Heavy wash loads may produce
a thumping sound. This is
Have all the transit bolts and
tub support been removed?
Are all the feet resting firmly on
Supply hoses or drain hose
are loose at tap or washing
House drain pipes are clogged. • Unclog drain pipe. Contact plumber if
Too much detergent or
unsuitable detergent may
cause excessive foaming which
may result in water leaks.
• Check all pockets to make sure that
they are empty. Items such as clips,
matches, pens, coins, and keys can
damage both your washer and your
• Close zippers, hooks, and drawstrings
to prevent these items from snagging or
tangling on other clothes.
• If sound continues, washing machine
is probably out of balance. Stop and
redistribute wash load.
• If not removed during installation, refer
to Installation guide for removing transit
• Make sure the washing machine is
level and tighten the lock nuts up
towards the base of the appliance.
• Check and tighten hose connections.
• Make sure that the suggested
amount of detergent is used per the