INNCOM e7 Thermostat
FOR ALL UNI T S I N CARTON. DO NOTTHR OW AWAY!
Disconnect the power supply before beginning
installation to prevent electrical shock or
equipment damage. All wiring must comply with
local codes and ordinances.
• Read instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could
damage the product or create a hazard.
• Check the ratings given in the instructions and on the
product to make sure the product is suitable for your
• Installer must be a trained, experienced service technician.
• After installation is complete, check product operation as
indicated in instructions.
• For variations of these systems, refer to the installation
instructions of the controlled equipment.
Select a location about 1.5m (5ft.) above the floor with good
air circulation at average temperature. Do not mount
thermostat where it may be affected by:
• Drafts or dead spots behind doors or in comers.
• Hot or cold air from ducts.
• Radiant heat from sun or appliances.
• Concealed pipes or chimneys.
• Unheated (un-cooled) areas behind the thermostat.
• If RF equipped, do not install near other RF sources/
• When the thermostat is equipped with PIR, consider view
angle, range characteristics, and mounting position for
The INNCOM e7 thermostat is typically mounted on a
standard double-gang (4 x 4) junction box. The installation
kit provides a Smart Wall Plate and a Spacer Ring. When
installing the Smart Wall Plate, use hand tools only (no
power tools!) to avoid bending or damaging the Smart
Wall Plate or POGO pins that connect to the thermostat.
The Spacer Ring is highly recommended for all installations
and is required whenever a standard double-gang (4x4)
junction box is not available.
If mounted on a single-gang box, the right side (keypad side) of
the e7 overlaps the wall area to the right. A low-voltage
mounting plate, mud ring, or low-voltage caddy may be used
for mounting 24 volt applications.
To mount the e7, complete the following steps:
1. Position the Spacer Ring and Smart Wall Plate as shown
in Fig. 1.
2. Ensure the spacer ring and Smart Wall Plate are orient-
ed with the raised arrow pointing UP. Snap them to-
gether, ensuring all 4 comer snap hooks are attached,
then attach to the junction box using the supplied
screws (hand tools only, no power tools!), making sure
the Smart Wall Plate is flat and flush with the wall.
3. Use wire nuts to connect the Power and HVAC wiring
harness to the power and valve/fan control signal wires
within the electrical box. See the pre-defined commis
sioning document for application-specific wire connec
4. To connect the unit to the input power and the relays to
the loads, plug the pre-wired power and HVAC signal
harness connector into the female receptacle at the back
of the e7 (HI). When using mixed voltage, voltage sepa
ration must be maintained. Line voltage must reside in
the left side of the gang box. Low voltage must reside in
the right side of the gang box.
5. Hook the tabs at the top rear of the e7 housing into the
matching depressions at the top of the Smart Mounting
Plate and rotate the bottom of the housing toward the
wall until it snaps into place.
6. Secure the housing to the Smart Wall Plate with the two
small captive screws at the bottom of the housing.
7. Apply power to the e7 by closing the applicable supply
breaker. After connecting power, wait 5 seconds. values
will begin appearing on the LCD display.
4x4 Junction Box
Fig. 1. e7 Exploded View Assembly Reference
harness to thermostat
Smart Wall Plate