This set is disconnected from the power supply through the
converter transformer. An isolating transformer is necessary
for service operations on the primary side of the converter
Back Cabinet Removal
Remove the screws residing on the back cabinet and carefully
separate the back cabinet from the front cabinet. (Fig. 2-1).
1. Pull out the CPT board from the CPT neck.
2. Place the front cabinet on soft material not to mar the front
surface or damage control knobs.
3. Remove 4 screws securing the picture tube mounting
brackets to the front cabinet.
4. Carefully separate CPT from the front cabinet.
Chassis Assy Removal
Grasp both side of Frame and pull it backward smoothly.
Speaker Assy Removal
1. Remove P1651 and P1652 connector from Main2 (Power/Def./
2. Remove respective 6 screws for speaker on the front
cabinet. (Fig. 2-2).
PICTURE TUBE HANDLING CAUTION
Due to high vacuum and large surface area of picture tube, great
care must be exercised when handling picture tube. Always lift
picture tube by grasping it firmly around faceplate.
NEVER LIFT TUBE BY ITS NECK! The picture tube must not be
scratched or subjected to excessive pressure as fracture of
glass may result in an implosion of considerable violence which
can cause personal injury or property damage.
- 8 -