MANUAL AUTO OPERATION
Use the MANUAL AUTO operation in the event the remote control unit is
lost or otherwise unavailable.
Do not press the MANUAL AUTO button with wet hands or pointed ob-
jects, otherwise an electric shock or malfunction may occur.
Press the MANUAL AUTO button on the operating
The operation can be set in the following setting.
When Auto mode cannot be selected, it will
operate in the same mode as the other indoor
unit in the same system. (When other indoor
unit in the same system doesn't operate, the air
conditioner will operate in cooling.)
Press the MANUAL AUTO button on the operating
ADJUSTING THE DIRECTION OF
The vertical wind direction can be controlled with the control unit.
Cooling & Dry : (1), (2), (3), (4)
(1), (2), (3), (4)
Operation and Performance
About priority state and standby state
● Multiple indoor units can be connected within the same system. De-
pending on the system, choice of operating mode are limited.
Cooling priority state:
When the other indoor units within the same system operate in cooling
or dry mode, heating cannot be selected at the same time.
Heating priority state:
When the other indoor units within the same system operate in heating
mode, cooling and dry mode cannot be selected at the same time.
The standby state activates when 2 or more indoor units start up at the
same time in different mode. Any indoor unit other than priority mode
will wait in standby state until priority mode changes (operation starts
as soon as priority is switched).
At this time, the OPERATION indicator lamp (green) lights up and the
TIMER indicator lamp (orange) flashes.
Low ambient cooling
● When the outdoor temperature drops, the outdoor unit's fans may
switch to Low Speed, or one of the fans may stop intermittently.
● Heating mode operates on the heat-pump principle, absorbing heat
from outdoor air and transferring that heat indoors. As a result, the
operating performance is reduced as outdoor air temperature drops.
If you feel that insufficient heating performance is being produced, we
recommend you use this air conditioner in conjunction with another
type of heating appliance.
● Heating mode heat your entire room by recirculating air throughout the
room, with the result that some time may be required after first starting
the air conditioner until the room is heated.
Microcomputer-controlled automatic defrosting
● When using the Heating mode under conditions of low outdoor air
temperature high humidity, frost may form on the outdoor unit, result-
ing in reduced operating performance. In order to prevent this kind of
reduced performance, this unit is equipped with a Microcomputer-con-
trolled automatic defrosting function. If frost forms, the air conditioner
will temporarily stop, and the defrosting circuit will operate briefly (for
about 4 to 15 minutes).
During Automatic Defrosting operation, the OPERATION indicator
lamp (green) will flash.
Oil recovery operation
● Periodically, the oil recovery operation is performed in order to return
compressor oil to the outdoor unit. During oil recovery operation, the
OPERATION indicator lamp (green) will flash (for about 10 minutes).
Temperature and humidity range
● The temperature and humidity required for operating this product is as
shown in the following table.
● If the air conditioner is operated under higher temperature conditions
than those listed, the built-in protection circuit may operate to prevent
internal circuit damage. Also, during Cooling and Dry modes, if the unit
is used under conditions of lower temperature than those listed above,
the heat-exchanger may freeze, leading to water leakage and other
● If the unit is used for long periods under high-humidity conditions,
condensation may form on the surface of the indoor unit, and drip onto
the floor or other objects underneath.
● Do not use this unit for any purposes other than the Cooling, Heating,
Dehumidifying, and air-circulation of rooms in ordinary dwellings.
CLEANING AND CARE
● Before cleaning the unit, be sure to stop the unit and disconnect the
● Do not stand on an unstable platform when cleaning.
● When removing and replacing the air filter, be sure not to touch the
heat exchanger, as personal injury may result.
● Be sure the intake grille is installed securely.
● Do not clean the inside of the unit by yourself. To clean the inside,
always consult authorized service personnel.
● When cleaning the unit's body, do not use water hotter than 40 °C,
harsh abrasive cleansers, or volatile agents like benzene or thinner.
● Do not remove any part from the unit except for the filter.
● If dirt is allowed to accumulate on the Air Filter, airflow will be reduced,
lowering operating efficiency and increasing noise.
● During periods of normal use, the air filter should be cleaned every 2
Please refer to the specification of outdoor units.
18 to 32 °C DB
About 80% or less
10 to 30 °C DB