5.3 Removing Jammed
Do not use any tool that may
damage the Print Head.
If you get frequent jams in the
cutter, contact a TOSHIBA TEC
This section describes in detail how to remove jammed media from the
1. Turn off and unplug the printer.
2. Open the Top Cover.
3. Turn the Head Lever to Free position, then open the Ribbon Shaft
4. Open the Print Head Block.
5. Remove the ribbon and media.
Print Head Block
6. Remove the jammed media from the printer. DO NOT USE any sharp
implements or tools as these could damage the printer.
7. Clean the Print Head and Platen, then remove any further dust or
8. Paper jams in the Cutter Unit can be caused by wear or residual glue
from label stock on the cutter. Do not use non-specified media in the
When removing the jammed media, be careful not to damage the
print head with a hard object like a watch or a ring.
Care must be taken not to allow
the metal or glass part of a watch
to touch the print head edge.
Since the print head element can be easily damaged by shock, please
treat it carefully by not hitting a hard object against it.
ENGLISH VERSION EO1-33034
5.3 Removing Jammed Media
Ribbon Shaft Holder Plate
Care must be taken not to allow a
metal object like a ring to touch
the print head edge.