Before calling for service, please review the Troubleshooting chart below, since the problem may not
be a unit malfunction.
Odours and smoke are not
The Dust/Odour Monitor
illuminates green even when
the air is impure.
The Dust/Odour Monitor illumi-
nates orange or red even when
the air is clean.
A clicking or ticking sound is
heard from the unit.
The discharged air has an
The unit does not operate when
cigarette smoke is in the air.
Filter Indicator Light is
The Dust/Odour Monitor are
turned oﬀ .
The Water Supply Indicator
Light does not illuminate when
the tank is empty.
Water lever in the tank does not
decrease or decreases slowly.
The Dust/Odour Monitor lights
change colour frequently.
REMEDY (not a malfunction)
• Clean or replace the ﬁ lters if they appear to be heavily soiled.
• The air could be impure at the time the unit was plugged in.
Unplug the unit, wait one minute, and plug the unit in again.
• Sensor operation is aﬀ ected if the dust sensor openings are
dirty or clogged. Gently clean the dust sensors. (Ref. E-5).
• Clicking or ticking sounds may be audible when the unit is
• Check to see if the ﬁ lters are heavily soiled.
• Clean or replace the ﬁ lters.
• Plasmacluster Air Puriﬁ ers emit small traces of ozone which
may produce an odour.
• Is the unit installed in a location that is diﬃ cult for the sensor to
detect cigarette smoke?
• Are the dust sensor openings blocked or clogged?
(In this case, clean the openings.) (Ref. E-5)
• After replacing ﬁ lters, connect the power cord to an outlet and
press the Filter Reset Button. (Ref. E-12)
• Check to see if the Lights OFF Mode selected. If so, then press
the Lights Control Button to activate the indicator lights.
• Check Styrofoam ﬂ oat for impurities. Clean the HumidifyingTray.
Ensure unit is located on a level surface.
• Check to see if the Humidifying Tray and Water Tank are
correctly installed. Check the Humidifying Filter.
• Clean or replace the ﬁ lter when it is heavily soiled.
(Ref. E-15 and E-16).
• The Dust/Odour Monitor lights automatically change colours as
impurities are detected by the dust sensor and odour sensor.