• Give your eyes regular breaks by looking away from the monitor and focusing on a istant
• Blink frequently to keep your eyes from drying out.
• Keep your display clean.
• Keep your head at a higher level than the top edge of the display so your eyes point
downward when looking at the middle of the display.
• Adjust the display brightness and/or contrast to a comfortable level for enhanced text
readability and graphics clarity.
• Eliminate glare and reflections by:
• placing your display in such a way that the side faces the window or any light source
• minimizing room light by using drapes, shades or blinds
• using a task light
• changing the display's viewing angle
• using a glare-reduction filter
• using a display visor, such as a piece of cardboard extended from the display's top
• Avoid adjusting your display to an awkward viewing angle.
• Avoid looking at bright light sources, such as open windows, for extended periods of time.
Developing good work habits
Develop the following work habits to make your computer use more relaxing and
• Take short breaks regularly and often.
• Perform some stretching exercises.
• Breathe fresh air as often as possible.
• Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy body.