How to Replace the PF Kit (1850/1870N)
Part 1 - Replacing the Paper Pick-up Roller
To prevent electric shock, always turn the printer off and disconnect the power cord
from the AC outlet/socket before cleaning the printer or performing maintenance.
Before you replace the feed roller, turn the power switch off, unplug the AC power cord
and allow the printer to cool for at least 30 minutes before replacing the feed roller.
1. Turn off the printer by the power switch
located on the bottom of the right side
of the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord from the rear of
3. Allow printer to cool 30 minutes.
4. Remove the drum, toner, paper tray and
set these aside.
To remove the drum, press the Cover
Release Button and then open the front
cover. See Figure 1.
1. Remove the Drum Unit Assembly and
close the front cover. See Figure 2.
1. Place the printer gently on its back.
Locate the paper pick-up roller
shown by the arrow in Figure 3.
1. On the right hand side of the paper
pick-up roller, as shown by the
arrow in Figure 4, locate the white
tab on the locking piece.