LP001B ManualENSP 011108.qxp
BULLET BEAM LASER POINTER
Catalog Number LP001B
Thank you for choosing Black & Decker!
w w w. B l a c k a n d D e c k e r. c o m / N e w O w n e r
to register your new product
SAVE THIS MANUAL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Cat. # LP001B
Form # 90529709
Copyright © 2007 Black & Decker
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL APPLIANCES
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY, USER MUST READ INSTRUCTION MANUAL.
DANGER: LASER RADIATION:
• Avoid direct eye exposure; serious eye injury can result.
• Do not use optical tools such as a telescope or transit to view the laser beam.
• Do not place the laser in a position which may cause anyone to intentionally or unintentionally stare into
the laser beam. Serious eye injury could result
• Do not operate the laser around children or allow children to operate the laser.
WARNING: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE LASER: There are no user serviceable parts inside.
Disassembling the Laser will void all warranties on the product. Do not modify the product in any way.
Modifying the tool may result in Hazardous Laser Radiation Exposure.
• Repairs and servicing MUST be performed by a qualified repair facility. Repairs performed by unqualified
personnel could result in serious injury.
SAFETY GUIDELINES /DEFINITIONS
D A N G E R : Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or
WA R N I N G : Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or
C A U T I O N : Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not
avoided, may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION: When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or
equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which
tools and equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be
modified and/or used for any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all
warnings and operating instructions before using any tool or equipment.
WARNING: This product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and
birth defect or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
• Do not operate in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable liquids, gases, or dust.
• Use only with the specifically designated batteries. Use of any other batteries may create a risk of fire.
• Store idle product out of reach of children and other untrained persons. Lasers are dangerous in the
hands of untrained users.
• Do not remove or deface warning labels. Removing labels increases the risk of exposure to radiation.
• Turn the laser off when it is not in use. Leaving the laser on increases the risk of staring into the laser
b e a m .
• This product is intended for use in a temperature range of 50°F (10°C) – 104°F (40°C).
• Read And Understand This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
WARNING: Batteries can explode, or leak, and can cause injury or fire. To reduce this risk:
• Carefully follow all instructions and warnings on the battery label and package.
• Always insert batteries correctly with regard to polarity (+ and -), marked on the battery and the
e q u i p m e n t .
• Do not short battery terminals.
• Do not charge batteries.
• Do not mix old and new batteries. Replace all of them at the same time with new batteries of the same
brand and type.
• Remove dead batteries immediately and dispose of per local codes.
• Do not dispose of batteries in fire.
• Keep batteries out of reach of children.
• Remove batteries if the device will not be used for several months.
" Transporting batteries can possibly cause fires if the battery terminals inadvertently come in contact with
conductive materials such as keys, coins, hand tools and the like. The US Department of Tr a n s p o r t a t i o n
Hazardous Material Regulations (HMR) actually prohibit transporting batteries in commerce or on airplanes
(i.e. packed in suitcases and carryon luggage) UNLESS they are properly protected from short circuits. So
when transporting individual batteries, make sure that the battery terminals are protected and well insulated
from materials that could contact them and cause a short circ u i t . "
BEFORE RETURNING THIS
PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON
BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE CATA L O G
No, AND DATE CODE AVAILABLE. IN
MOST CASES, A BLACK & DECKER
R E P R E S E N TATIVE CAN RESOLVE THE
PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE. IF YOU
H AVE A SUGGESTION OR COMMENT,
GIVE US A CALL. YOUR FEEDBACK IS
V I TAL TO BLACK & DECKER.
Printed in China
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND SAFETY, A WARNING LABEL IS LOCATED ON YOUR LASER AS SHOWN
IN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE.
I N T R O D U C T I O N
Thank you for choosing the Black & Decker
Bullet Beam Laser Pointer. Please read this manual carefully
before use to ensure optimum performance and avoid damage to the unit.
F E AT U R E S
• Wave length 650nm
• Class IIIA Laser
• Heavy duty, rugged casing perfect for outdoor
u s e
T R O U B L E S H O O T I N G
P r o b l e m
S o l u t i o n
Laser light becomes dim or is no
Check or change the batteries. Follow all cautions and
longer visible when the ON/OFF switch
warnings in the Important Safety Instructions section of
is switched ON.
this manual when changing batteries.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
This unit is NOT waterproof. Never submerge this unit in water. If it gets dirty, gently clean the outer
s u rfaces with a soft cloth moistened with a mild solution of water and detergent.
Safe Battery Disposal
Refer to the Safety Warnings in the front of this Instruction Manual when selecting and replacing batteries.
Always dispose of used batteries properly.
WARNINGS: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY / EXPLOSION
• Do not dispose of batteries in fire as this may result in an explosion.
• Do not expose the unit containing batteries to fire or intense heat as it may explode.
A C C E S S O R I E S
Recommended accessories for use with your tool are available from your local dealer or authorized serv i c e
c e n t e r. If you need assistance regarding accessories, please call: 1-800-544-6986.
WA R N I N G : The use of any accessory not recommended for use with this tool could be hazardous.
SERVICE INFORMAT I O N
All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient
and reliable power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair,
or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the Black & Decker location nearest you.
To find your local service location, refer to
the yellow page directory under "Tools—Electric" or call: 1 - 8 0 0 - 5 4 4 - 6 9 8 6 or visit
w w w. b l a c k a n d d e c k e r. c o m.
FULL TWO-YEAR HOME USE WA R R A N T Y
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product for two years against any defects in material or
workmanship. The defective product will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of two ways.
The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from whom it was
p u rchased (provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be made within the time
period of the retailer's policy for exchanges (usually 30 to 90 days after the sale). Proof of purchase may be
required. Please check with the retailer for their specific return policy regarding returns that are beyond the
time set for exchanges.
The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black & Decker owned or authorized
S e rvice Center for repair or replacement at our option. Proof of purchase may be required. Black & Decker
owned and authorized Service Centers are listed under "Tools-Electric" in the yellow pages of the phone
d i r e c t o ry and on our website www. b l a c k a n d d e c k e r. c o m .
This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may
have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Should you have any questions,
contact the manager of your nearest Black & Decker Service Center. This product is not intended for
c o m m e rcial use.
FREE WARNING LABEL REPLACEMENT: If your warning labels become illegible or are missing, call 1-800-
544-6986 for a free replacement.
S P E C I F I C AT I O N S
6 5 0 n m
< 5 m W
L a s e r :
B a t t e r i e s :
3 (three) button cell, LR44 1.5 volt
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc.,
701 E. Joppa Rd.
Towson, MD 21286 U.S.A.
• Detachable keychain clasp
• Includes 3 (three) LR44 1.5 volt batteries